Sign in to follow this  
zebba 'D'

Here He/she Is :)

hi dave,

I will try and get pictures, so if she is a full blackbreast cream, what would this mean when coming to pair her up. Will she be a carrier of the blackbreast, or a dominate cream?

Chris

If she is full blackbreast then her will just work on standard genetics of each seperately

Silver = dominant

Fawn = sex linked

Blackbreast = recessive

So I'd recommend if she is full blackbreast

Pair her to a fawn blackbreast and you should get

Fawn blackbreast cocks

Cream blackbreast cocks

Fawn blackbreast hens

Cream blackbreast hens

Chris,

Having a look at those tails i would rule out BB. Having looked at the evidence i think it could be a female Fawn CFW.

It would fit in with the breeding as well.

Trevor :)

hi trevor,

Cheers for that, on looking at the chick it looks to have very pale washed marking very faint markings. Would you completey rule out it been a cream?

Do you have any pictures of a fawn cfw.

Cheers chris

Hi All

Iooks a lot like a cream in colour on the tail shots to me.

Paul.

hi all,

I am looking forward for her to moult out now, this has been a very interesting post. I dont have any other creams to compare her to.

Chris

Hi Chris

I use to breed silvers and silver lightbacks and let me tell you silver come in all shades and depths of colour,on top of this some would be well marked while other were extremely poorly marked birds,not that this would stop them producing well marked young and it is just the same with Cream as it is for silver as they are just the same dilute mutation on a different base colour.

Paul.

Paul,

I did at an early stage thinking cream but the only thing i'm not sure about are the non tear marks of this youngster.

The reason i've swayed towards fawn or cream cfw is the white reflective area around the cheek patch position. Which is common of this type.

What do you think to my idea paul.

Trevor :)

hi chris

what did this bird turn out to be , to me it looks like a cream hen , ive bred many over the years with faint or very little tear marks , by any chance did she have a yellow beak has her legs are yellowish ? . i much prefer these lighter colour creams ,

ade