tillysmum

Hello

Hello im new and as yet do not have any Finches but keep Budgies which i have bred in the past. I am interested in starting with Finches and have joined so that i can learn more about them :). I have a 10 by 8 Aviary but would be starting with one pair of Finches in the house initially. The Aviary would undergo some alterations so that the Finches would be separate from the Budgies eventually.

Hi tillysmum, Welcome to the forum

The members on here are great and all are willing to help and all your questions will be answered so go ahead and ask anything you want to. 

I know canaries can be kept in the same aviary but not sure if you can keep budgies and finches together but you have said you would be keeping them separate anyway.

I'm sure you will really enjoy having the finches.

Wishing you all the best for 2013

Emmy

hi and welcome

about 40 years ago i used to keep budgies and zebs together with no problems but 3 yrs ago i started keeping zebs again and put them in with my budgies and i found a couple dead in the nestboxes where they tried to nest,they obviously disturbed the budgies that were nesting so i split them up so i would not happen again

steve

Hi and thankyou for the warm welcome, i guess its a suck it and see situation re; keeping them together. Ive only got 4 Buds now and it was a toss up, should i buy new blood and start with the buds again or have a change and try finches and i think the finches are enticing me at the moment so i have the room in the Aviary to split a section just to be on the safe side. Im sure i will be bombarding you with my questions very soon :) .