Sign in to follow this  
birdman

Fawn Cheek Whites ?

hi my fawn check cock that's paired to a fawn hen produced two white chicks and one chestnut flanked white

how can this happen is my male split for both theses colours ? if so I no the cfw is a hen wot will the white ones turn out to be thanks for any input to this

Sorry i cant help here

Only thing i have had was a normal CFW cock paired with a fawn hen and they have produced mostly CFW hens and normal cock chicks until the last brood when they produced two fawn cock chicks and 2 normal cock chicks.

So I guess probably the same with your pair there's some other genes lurking in the background.

Emmy

Hi,

Both these genes are from the male, the white young still could be a FC as the cheek patches could be late colouring up.

Are both birds out of the nest ? and is this pair in an aviary or cage ?

Any chance of photo ?

Trevor :)

all chicks are out of nest and they are cage bred the male is fawn cheek and the female is fawn ill post a pic asp

thanks for looking emmy and trevor

The beaks of your "whites" is striking. They are no pure white and no 100% pied because they have no pink beaks. I think maybe they could be CFW fawn cheek and because of the CFW colour they could be lighter than FC ? I think the one in the background has cheek patches, am I right ? In any case they are expressing the fawn gene because both parents are fawns, their beak is also the same as a fawn baby beak.

the one in the back ground does not have any cheek patches and there beaks are turning red it looks like there going to be hens aswell just like the one that's a cfw that came from same nest they carnt be cheeks birds can they cus I thought that if they were cheeked you would see it? thanks for replying punky

Hi,

Ok if you look in my gallery (Trevs Zebs) they are exactly the same as i bred, i paired up GC x CFW and these are the results.

White birds with a very faint GC, there's a pic of a male on top of a nest box he's from the same set up.

Look forward to your reply, to see if they are a match,

Trevor :)

hi trevor thanks for that yes they do look a bit like yours but cant see any trace of faint cheek patches at moment co they will be white fawn cheeks then im just wondering if sell yours birds at Newark because that's were my cheeks came from and he was called trevor like you and from Norfolk aswell if so there your birds im breeding with many thanks for that if they are

richard