Sign in to follow this  
Josh lake

Lightback Cresteds

Hi Guys,

picked these 2 up from an auction last week, Bit small But have the crest. There only young, and i thought i would take my chance with them

IMAG0145.jpg

Josh

• Like 1

Hi Josh,

If you are looking to concentrate to bring your birds up to exhibition standard you need to stop buying in birds like this. This may sound hard but they are a poor colour and carry no type at all. Most crested zebs in the UK carry no crest more like a tuft, for anyone to try bring these birds up to a standard is a mamouth task.

Nick

• Like 1

As Nick says if it your intention to breed for the showbench buy your birds from someone who breeds and shows their birds if you are purely breeding for fun and trying to breed different colours and combos ect crack on these will be fine

When buying from auction you dont know what colours birds are also carring

if you save your cash you can go to area shows and pick good birds up for as little as a tenner in the bird sale section

Dave

Hi

I'am hoping to split my breeding cages between Large birds & smaller mutation birds. Hopefully go 50 50 ( about 12 pairs of each). I will explore other shows later in the year, Because the show i went to yesterday, put me off  a bit. I will then see which route i want to go down, or if i still want to split then take it from there. 

took me a while to get where iam with mutations so definatly wont be in a rush to get rid of them. 
Although there not large i could show the Triples etc in Any other variation classes (Was considering it)

Josh

HI Josh

You will find that in order it improve mutation birds for the show bench you need a good stable stud of quality birds first, even then you have to be careful as breeding quality birds to poor quality mutation bird can soon drag your stud backwards.

Paul.

hi josh,why did the show put you off what was wrong with it .it was always a good run show i showed there many times and enjoyed it. baz.