Sign in to follow this  
zebba 'D'

New Black Cheeks

Nice birds Chris

I've never seen black cheeks for sale up here yet. Getting a pair of Begalese next month though.

Emmy

Hi emmy,

Thank you for your comment, I did have to do a bit of travelling for them as there dont seem to be many in the west midlands at the moment. Looking forward to breeding them. Bengalese are nice birds I have 3 in my flight, 2 crested and 1 normal.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris,

Look good birds there mate, well done,

If you don't think you get a lot of zeb's and this is the second lot you've turned up with, you ought to live where I am it's like being in a desert for zeb sales, :(

Don't know if it's the flash or not but are two of them BCLB's ?

Even so well done,

Trevor :)

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for your comment, I have to do some shopping around :-D i am very pleased with them.

Yes mate 2/3 light back males. What would the out come of lbbc X cfwbc.

I am still on the look out for some different blood lines hopefully next year I should be able to breed some well coloured bc cfw.

Cheers,

Chris

Depends on whether the Cocks are split for Cfw?

If they are you should get 50% of each colour and if the Cocks are just Blackcheeked Lightbacks,you`ll get 100% Blackcheeked Lightbacks,with the cocks being split Cfw as well.

Scott

Scott,

Is there anyway of telling if a lighting back is pure or is split for cfw from a visual look. I haven't breed this type of colour before so not 100% clued up on it.

Dan,

Thank you for your comment.

Cheers,

Chris.

Hi Chris,

I`m afraid not,you`ll just have to pair them up and see what they throw out.

You`ll still breed breed Blackcheeks but depends again on if the Cock birds are split for Cfw.

Is it Blackcheek Cfws you want to breed?

Scott

Hi scott,

Thanks for that mate, to be honest my main aim is to breed well marked black cheeks.

The cfw bc are going to be a challenge as i would like to get the solid black cheeks on the females and the solid black flanks on the males.

Cheers,

Chris

No probs Chris.

Used to breed Blackcheeked Normals in the 90`s.

Would like to keep them again sometime in the near future,but even the small petshop types seem hard to source these days.

All the best with your breeding.

Cheers

Scott

Hi Chris

Lightbacks which are effected by the CFW gene will be lighter on the back than a straight LB or this is my experience of them.

Paul.

nice looking birds Zebba D sorry you had to travel so far to get what you was after, best of luck breeding them , if your successful i would love one off you. Fingers crossed eh.

Scott,

I remember a while back in my dads flight he use to have loads of them, he doesn't have any at all now. Why do you think they are becoming harder to get? Or do you think its certain areas?

Paul,

I had noticed a difference in the lightback males one is alot more paler on the back than the other he must be split for cfw.

Saltrock,

Thanks you for your comment, you find that you do have to travel sometimes if theres a certain colour your after or even just to get new blood. Ill keep you posted if I have any young out. I have 9 pairs upto now, alot of these will be breeding next year though.

Thanks all,

Chris

Hi all,

Some new zebs I picked up today from a pet shop. Very happy with the male. The females marking are faint but something to play with.

Would you say any of them are split for bb.

20131005_163852-1_zps6ac094ec.jpg

Thanks

Chris

very nice looking birds love the white splt.

here are mine as promised ,

post-2523-0-59530400-1380998557_thumb.jppost-2523-0-25253100-1380998573_thumb.jppost-2523-0-33415700-1380998579_thumb.jp

wouldn't mind popping round to look at your set up sometime.

Hi saltrock,

Nice looking birds mate, I may be wrong but the one with the green may be a blackbreast blackcheek male. Not 100% sure.

Yes mate your always welcome, I did find starting off with birds it always good to have a look a peoples set up give you ideas.

Chris.

Saltrock / Chris,

Good looking BC's there, I don't think that one is a BCBB.

Chris,

You keep getting these zeb's don't you ?

The male i'm not 100% BC deffo but what sort ? not CFW but could be part off, now looking at the tail it looks as if it's got 3 colours in there, which would point towards Isabel type.

Putting that altogether = BCCFW Grey Isabel if i'm right I shall buy a lottery ticket. :)  

The hen looks to me as a BCBB fawn due to no tear mark, but the tail shows not, weird !

Trevor :)

Hi trevor,

They just seem to find me im always on the look out, when my partners asks to go shopping I always look for the nearest pet shop :-D.

The male does look to be more grey than white I did notice this when I got him home. The black on the flanks does go right back and he does look more of an off white. Ill get some more pics tomo of him. From what you think mate what would be his best to pair to him.

The female has the same colour as her body between her beak and tear marks. She has no clear white part.

Chris

Thank you saltrock, the females is a fawn bc split for bb still a little stuck on the male he looks very grey in colour, especially when he sits next to a white zebra finch.

Can anyone else see anymore in him with the pics above.

Thanks,

Chris