Sign in to follow this  
birdman

My Cream Hen For 2014

I suppose the pair could be recessive dilutes, dont know anyone who has them though? Otherwise she is a very odd looking cream. It would be interesting to see a photo of her with your other fawn hens.

hi ade

explain the cream chicks then .peter cannan sold me her as a cream and she as produced creams thus making her a cream theres no other way possible that she cant be as a fawn cannot produce cream chicks unless recessive but as far as I no there arn't  any any more

richard  

hi clare

thanks for post she's being paired with one of my exhibition fawn males that I have. ive also got a cream male

that I have paired up and have got three chicks at the moment.first time I have owned creams.the chicks are really

strange as one chick is like dad and the other two are really light coloured so don't no if there creams or not

will have to see how they turn out

richard

I have only got one more pair of zebs on chicks they are bb/ob x obbb. my other zebs are not even paired up yet so

my final answer is no she is a cream proven by the chicks .

Really sorry if  i have miss read the posts but these to posts seen to contradict each other to me 

• Like 1

no it me im put it wrong didn't realise I did that but that will be my pairing in February I have got that many pairings going on in my head and on paper I put it down wrong on that post. but the creams I got from pete were on a bigstand near the zfs stand and pete sold them to me and it said pair of creams on them there were 2 pairs for sale theother were more dearer as the male was a bit bigger. and the hen as not been with any other male

richard

ive looked at my post and so what I did wrong and put it right now the hen as deffo got three chicks 1 like dad and 2 light in colour and because I have never bred or owned creams before did not no what there chicks look like but I now believe that that is how the look like and young creams have a light

beak as well like the ones I have.next time I reply I will make sure im not planning my pairings at the same time then I wont cause any misunderstanding allen (sorry about that)

richard

• Like 1

Hi Richard

If you look at the tail of the bottom cock bird you can see the level of dilution in it, this is typical of the dominant dilute mutation to which cream belongs where as the tail in the photo of your hen is very dark as seen in fawns.

Paul.

Richard, I suppose the cream cock that was in the same cage as the hen you bought could be the father if you paired her up to a fawn cock shortly after Stafford??

hi pete

no don't think so as I put them in separate cages and only put the hen with the fawn in late November.going to put a pic of the male up I found a old pic of him last year not in best of condition as was going thro moult. was going to put a new pic on but decided against messing about with them again as don't want to stress them any more and ruin breeding of them ok

richard

Nice bird i like, i have also one DS male can some body recomand that which female can i use for pairing

can i pair with light black ?

and how can i get the Cream female?

regard

hi basitali

thanks for the comment .your ds male can be paired with a normal grey female which will produce 50% normal male/female and 50% ds male/females .you can piar your bird to either a fawn or lightback hen which will give you the same as before but

all the males will be split for what ever colour the hen is ie fawn or light back then if you pair lets say a silver split fawn male to a fawn hen then you will have a 25% chance of getting cream males and females or if silver/lightback x

lightback you should get 25% silverlightback males and female.im sure some one will put correct me if this is wrong but I

hope this helps you with your male ds

richard