Sign in to follow this  
zebba 'D'

First 2014 Chick Out The Flight

Chris,

I don't know too much about the genetic things but will that be  BC Normal?

Andy

Chris,

I reckon it will be a male split for LB pied anything else should be BCLB females split pied,

Well done you're well ahead of me now,

Trevor :)

Hi all,

Andy, I have had a look on the gentics site and it should turn out to be a male.

Spot of there Trevor, it does have faint white down its wings so will have to see how it moults out.

Another pair I have are bc pieds they only have white tips down wings, they have 3 chicks in the nest one is a lightback lovely looking bird unsure of the other two yet.

Chris

I think that chick looks fantastic. You're going to have some beauties later on when they get their final feathers.

Well done!!

Emmy

Hi Chris

I don't have any nesting at the moment. First time in ages with no young chicks and no nest boxes in cages.  (That's Not quite true(lol))  I just gave my pair of normals a nest box in the cage today and also gave the pair of Bengalese one as well.

But so far both pairs are showing no interest.  but my cpq hen is sitting on 5 eggs but I know she wont hatch them out--- after sitting for about 8 days she stops and the only way they would hatch is if I transferred the eggs into the incubator but too much going on at the moment with the aviary still not finished. Need to get them all outside before I let anymore breed. One pair I hope to pair up is a OB/BB male with a white female(pied)just to find out what I'd get from that pairing.

Emmy

Hi emmy,

That sounds like a nice combo bb/ob pied. Would love to see how they turn out. I have quiet a few pairs with chicks now few more weeks I reckon they will be out the nest.

Chris