Sign in to follow this  
jonmpope

Silver X Cfw

In the absence of a normal hen I'm considering putting a silver cock to a cfw hen. Mindful that some breeders mate light backs to cfw. Any views? Jon

Hi Jon

You can do that pairing no problem but you may get the odd silver cfw in future matings coming out especially hens.

Paul.

Hi Jon

It depends if the clock is split for anything else like fawn or lightback.

Paul.

The silver cock was bred from silver male and lb hen. The cfw is more interesting. Shes actually a cheeked cfw bred from lb cock to cheeked cfw hen that I bought from Trevor 3 years ago! I'm hoping for some silvers from them. Fingers crossed dave that they produce my best silver!

So if the silver male is split lb and the hen is cfw cheeked you have a possibility of breeding silver cheeked birds?

In paulm's post reg cfw cheeked on the 23/05/2012, a lb x cfw pairing will produce lb/cfw cocks and cfw hens so if I'm understanding this correctly there may be a small percentage of you getting a lb/cfw dominant dilute but unsure how it works with split birds as the post only outlines full birds?

in turn there may even be the smallest percentage of you getting a dominant dilute lb/cfw cheeked cock and dominant dilute cfw cheeked hen?

what did they produce in the end? did you get your best silver?