Sign in to follow this  
KareemSerry

Can Someone Help Me With This Color Mutation? And Breeding Them?

Hi everyone, 

Last week I (for the first time) got a pair of zebra finches!

I have been reading a lot about them and was wondering if my cock is a Fawn or Fawn/Florida Fancy. He is lacking the tear mark and the Chest Flanking. :fool:  :fool:

34a48b27c2544742bb41b44e73ec09b3_A.jpeg?

Also my female is a Normal Grey if they breed I am assuming i will get

25% Female Fawn - 25% Female Fawn/Florida Fancy - 25% Male Grey/Fawn - 25% Male Florida Silver/Fawn

Is this correct?

Will my split to Florida Fancy chicks display signs of split-ness like their father? i Would love a Florida silver!!

I know not to inbreed them but theoretically will inbreeding them result in a Double Factor Florida fancy?

Also, What is the visual difference between a Florida Fancy and an Isabel?

Sorry if this is not in the correct section i'm new here.

Thank You.  :good:  

More Photos: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hj7n5mtfmzd33ev/AABzZtIz2086FesynugVhsbWa

Hi 

I think your cock bird is a BB Fawn/Florida fancy as he is very dirty in Colour , if he was a full Florida fancy i would expect him to be cleaner in Body colour.

A Florida fancy is a different mutation to a Isabel which is Recessive where as a Florida fancy is in fact Co Dominant , this means that although the Florida fancy mutation is inherited just like the Isabel mutation, the Split birds have a effect on the colour of the bird with it being washed out as apposed to the full Florida fancy which is whiter in colour.

Double factor only applies to The Dominant mutation group such as Black face,Dominant Dilute "Silver & Cream" and Cheeked.

Paul.

Hi paul, thanks for answering.

You said you think he is a Black Breasted Fawn/Florida Fancy? Why did you assume he is Black Breasted?

That should mean his male offspring with the normal grey would be Florida Silver/ BB Fawn

And his female offspring would be Fawn/ Florida Fancy BB

I heard that Fawn/Florida Fancy show no difference From Grey/ Florida Fancy (Florida Silver)?

I added a couple of extra photos on the original post. Please check them out.

-Kareem

Hi baz, 

I'm keeping these birds as a hobby so the beak size doesn't really matter. :good:

Also could you help identifying his mutations? Paul is saying he is a BB Fawn/Florida Fancy. What do you think?

-Kareem

So i just read that splits for OB show some orange on the sides of the flanking? Is this what he is showing in the new photos on dropbox?

Could he be a BB Fawn/ FF OB? 

This bird is driving me crazy!!

Hi Kareem 

The Fawn Florida fancy single factor and Normal single Factor i believe are different in colour as one is fawn based and the other is Grey based.

I don't see any Ob in the cock in the photo personally.

Paul.

Im just impressed they stayed still long enough for you to get a ruddy picture of them!   Think mine are crossed with Usain Bolt and concorde! ;-).  We let them out of the cage in the living room each evening and its like tornado jets zooming past from one end of the lounge to the other! Lol. 

Great looking birds by the way...