Sign in to follow this  
Faracat

Cfw Hen - Smudged Tear/cheek Markings.

After losing one of my CFW hens recently, I decided to replace her and popped into my local pet shop that normally has a good selection of zebbies. I ended up choosing a hen with slightly unusual face markings and coming away with a super CFW male as well... as you do. :p I'm not certain if she's just badly marked or has something else going on too (maybe BC?) as she looks like her black tear markings have smudged onto her cheeks.

Any ideas? I'll try to get a photo tonight.

Oh right, I didn't know that. Thanks. :)

I had a CFW hen that was definitely a BC carrier (she had BC offspring, including the one in my avatar) and she was white with thin, grey tear marks, no smudging. Does anyone what was going on with her?

ETA - Maybe with her paler tears the 'smudging' into the cheeks was too pale to really see?

Looking at efinch, I'm leaning towards her having one copy of BC. The grey cheeks have much 'cleaner' markings with an obvious black tear and grey cheek (very pretty IMO). This hen really looks 'smudged' but it's hard for you to see as I managed to get one of the cage bars right over her cheek on the least fuzzy photo. Sorry.

Any other thoughts?