Sign in to follow this  
chris123

Looking For A Good Home For A Zebra Finch

Hi my name is Chris,

I've registered with the forum so that I can ask if anyone would give a new home to a Zebra Finch.

I have been looking after two Zebra Finches for a friend who has been in hospital for some time.

Unfortunately one of the Finches died a few weeks ago.

Also my friend has been told he will need to move into a nursing home when he leaves hospital, which does not accept pets.

I've agreed with my friend that I should try to find someone who already has a Finch, so that the bird would have company.

The Finch and cage would be free. 

I live in Newton-Le-Willows, which is between Manchester and Liverpool, and would deliver if not to far away ! 

My mobile number is 07867647837

Thanks for reading.

i would have him/her but i live in blackpool and i dont drive :) i have a big aviary for my finches :p all of them get the best treatment, and special treatment when they arrive (they spend a good few days inside, settling down and making sure they are fighting fit) 

if only you was closer.

hope your friend is ok :) 

• Like 1

I'm not familiar with the area but a postcode of somewhere to meet, would be useful. Either your home or the tescos you mentioned.We could perhaps bring it on Sunday if that would be convenient.

Sunday would be fine It is probably best if we meet you at Tesco Then you could follow us home and see where we are going to home the Finch (If you have time) We only live a min away from Tesco. If you are coming on the M55 branch off at the last junction follow the road round the roundabout and take the 3rd turning then take the 1st left and Tesco is left at the next roundabout. Or our home postcode is FY4 4TU.

thank you :) i will try and make sure i go with my dad haha, can't wait to meet the new little one :)

as probably every one knows, i will upload pictures once he/she has settled down :)

here are the pictures of the finch, he will be spending a couple of days on his own to get him used to us and then will be let into the aviary.

thank you chris for all the supplies, we are very grateful and we will keep you updated :)

im guessing he is a fawn black cheek?

r93c60.jpg

2wejc0g.jpg

j5v13d.jpg

Lovely bird you got there Sarah. She would have paired up nicely with my fawn BC male (lol)

Emmy

ahhh so he is as she :o i will have to tell my dad :) she seems to have settled in really well in my dads computer room, she will be going out into the aviary in a couple of days :)

Now that i have had a proper look at HER i can just see a very faint black line going down the side of her beak like most of our other females have. Also she never shuts up  :lol:

definitely a black cheek Fawn hen. I would just like to thank you for taking in the finch. If more people were like you we wouldn't see the saddening numbers in bird/animal shelters.

• Like 1

just to keep everyone updated, we got a BC male at auction and have put him with her, they are getting along brilliantly and she is doing very well, next step is to introduce them to another pair we have in a cage at the moment (a female was being picked on so we separated her and give her time to rest and strengthen up, she also has a male in with her now) or we might just let them all out into the aviary :) think my dad is getting attached to them being in his room lol :)