Sign in to follow this  
MrMe3257

Split Bc Cock

My split bc cock who hatched the first week in October still hasn't  gotten his full side flanks and full cheek patches.

The flanks and cheek patches are less than half colored, anyone know why?

Also he had a small speck of orange in one cheek patch when he was still in the nest, the first few times I taught it was just his crop showing.

Thanks in advance

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

Could it be down to him being a spilt that the colours wont fully show one or the other, black or orange, as for the speck of orange on his cheek patch this could be down to the same thing.

I know when I had some splits the cheeks and marking where not totally shown, for instance on hens there tear drop would be slightly thicker, but going towards the back of the bird it would show slighly faded cheek patches, as it the tear drop had been smudged, along the cheek area.

Dan

That never entered my head but then again I'm new to this whole Genetic traits so I'm learning as I go.

Here's some pics for a better idea of what i'm talking about.

post-2515-0-37628900-1419169067_thumb.jp

post-2515-0-49665800-1419169070_thumb.jp

post-2515-0-16908800-1419169073_thumb.jp

Hi 

In the photos it kind of looks like a Normal Hen with cock marks you do get this from time to time, does it have chest barring and on the pictures i can't see any flanks either what are they like?

Ok Just give him time to finish then, he's still got black on his beak and some birds can be later developer's.