Tam-M

Your Thoughts?

Hi folks, picked up this cock today and would like you to have a look and give your opinions on him. hes a young bird and a bit scruffy at the moment but a couple weeks and he should fill out nice.cheerstam..p.s please give your honest opinions please..

post-230-096078000 1321808727_thumb.jpg

Paul, I was thinking that myself about him being split fawn but it was the shape of him I liked. so you think he was worth the £5 I payed for him lol ?cheerstam..

Hi Tam I would say it was money well spent he not a bad bird,now you need to find the right hen for him.Paul.

Pair him to the best hen.Normal/fawn x normal25% Normal Females25% Normal Males25% Fawn Females25% Normal/Fawn MalesNormal/fawn x fawn25% Normal Females25% Normal/Fawn Males25% Fawn Females25% Fawn MalesPaul.

Thanks for the comments folks, I'm sure I have a fawn hen for him will post the results in a few months time. well hopfully :) cheerstam..

did you buy him from a breeder Tam or a birdsalejust it is better if you can get from breeders with a little backround of the birdlast thing you want is it to be carrying pied or somethingdecent looking bird though good luck with him mateDave

This is it dave I cant be sure about his genetics, I got him from a bird sale but was talking to the person that was selling him thay say thay think hes from normal X fawn but thay cant be sure, I just liked the shape of him and well he only cost me £5, I'l pair him up to a fawn hen in the new year and see what I get then take it from there.cheerstam..

Bit of a late reply here; how do you tell if he is split for fawn? My male looks very similar, But I'm still pretty new to all this so I probably wouldn't even notice the difference yet XD

Hi You might notice the slighty brown colour underneath also the brown edging on the flight feathers.Paul.

As paul said about the brown tips on wings and buffy colour underneathHowever if you don't speak to breeder its a bit of a lottery they could be split for any number of things especially with the amount of non standard varieties and colour combos being bred at the momentAlways buy from a breeder who can tell you what you are gettingUnless of course you are breeding for fun and like getting surprises combos ect in which case its not such a big deal

forgot about this post lol, it turns out he is split fawn, paired him up to cfw hen got nest of normal cocks and one fawn hen. not bad looking chicks aswell.cheers

Thanks krissy :) . dave, that hen is a few weeks older now than in that photo and shes turning out a very nice hen, good type and size, maybe see her on the show bench this year fingers crosed.