amf1975

silvers

ok being trying to find out how you tell dominant to recessive silvers an my head is now fried from the confusion!!!!!!!! any ideas you lot.??????????

I have a 2014 cock who has throw me over two rounds 3 silver cocks and in this last clutch what looks like a hen. an can you breed silver to silver? not that I will as if it's a hen then the 3 2106 birds are half brothers.. I plan to sell them all any way (I think lol)

Recessive silver dilutes the black markings and body colour (eumelanin pigment) and not the cheeks and flanks (phaeomelanin pigment).

Dominant silver dilutes all pigments.

Dominant silver to dominant silver isn't recommended, as apparently the double factor dominant silver is lethal.

Recessive silvers can be paired.

• Like 1

Not really. Dominant silvers vary a huge amount in how much the colour is diluted but I'm fairly sure all markings are diluted equally. Recessive silvers only have diluted body colour, breast bars, tears and tail markings. There aren't many recessive silvers about and they can be hard to spot.

tell me about it!!! Daisy... the only reason I ask is I have a 2014 cock who has thrown me 3 cocks and what looks like a hen from silver cock x nl hen an two  cocks lookdiffrent to the last two... I plan to sell them all so wanted the info to advertise and price them properly.