Sign in to follow this  
norfolk flyer

Bit of Luck

All,

Whether you play sport, general life or keeping Zebs once in a while you get that bit of luck. Well it’s happened to me and I’m chuffed to bits. As you know I like my orange LB,s my target is to have a triple orange LB (one day). 

A hen I’m using in a breeding pair has a very strong orange gene. I paired her with a OBBBLB, they’ve given me 4 BFOBLB hens which I’m over the moon about, they’ve got orange in the cheeks plus in the flanks. Now this has really set me up for 2018 to hit my target. Just when you think things can’t get any better this male popped out, couldn’t believe my eyes this is something I could only dream about. A triple orange grey male with orange on his back, the odds of me getting this male is very very high. Plus the bonus is he’s split LB as well. 

Roll on 2018, 

Thought id share my luck with you all,

Any questions please ask and I’ll do my best to answer. 

Thank you !

Trevor ?

A678638A-7298-4855-9173-C3440802517F.jpeg

A0E4250B-609A-43CA-A3C5-3A67A788AEBB.jpeg

Fantastic Trevor when its a bit bigger can you train it to fly North ?:D 

That's going to be a wee beauty. and a definite 'keeper' :good: Next year is going to be very interesting for you

(Now ME!  I've got a zebra finch  in my outside flight I'd like to catch its a pale fawn with peach coloured cheeks but it has ideas of its own and wants to choose its own partner.:o)

Emmy

Emmy, 

Best way I think to catch is night time with a torch, I caught up for Newark in my 2 flights, one flight took me 50min and the other 35mins. 

All the best Emmy, 

Trevor ?

• Like 1

Thanks Trevor guess my patience is a bit thin on the ground at the moment. :D One of the first jobs though is to sort out the Madagascar lovebirds to try to get them to breed. Trying out what I did with canaries. At the moment I've got the 4 of them in a breeding cage -the two females together -two males together separated with a divider.  Next move will be one female and one male in a breeding cage separated with a divider then after about a week + I'll remove the divider - Still haven't made up my mind if I'll put a nest box up on the females side of the cage before I remove the divider or what type of nesting material to offer.  I've tried so many different things over the past 2 years but still to find the answer - if only they could talk and tell me what they want:D

Emmy

:D:D  Trevor ---Meantime The Tablet is for ME!!!!!  they get offered enough treats and turn their 'beaks' up at them -so no tablet for them just now but great suggestion Trevor :good:I'll tell them if they produce some chicks they'll get a whole bar of tablet to themselves.:yahoo:

Emmy