Sign in to follow this  
Emmy

New addition to the 'Family

Hi Gary

It hatched out on the 22nd March but  I find its more difficult getting them to peck the chick crumbs /water  if they are on their own, better if there's a clutch or if it was with the parent birds. They run under the parent birds so that's why I put in 2 teddies. Now I'm considering 'making' an adult CPQ from material and feathers (lol)  (I'll be getting 'locked up' soon:ph34r: with having all these daft ideas:lol:)

I've had to take it out from the brooder/hospital cage now and its now under the Brinsea eco glow and I cant put the teddies below that so when it comes out to feed  the teddy bears are still there for it. ;):lol:

Emmy

You never cease to amaze me Emmy with some of the things you think of.

Can you let me know how the little one progress.

Thank you for the post.

Gary

Sorry I forgot to update earlier. 

CPQ.thumb.JPG.bb40657acaf3fa11ea15b362cce25c5b.JPG

Its in the Brinsea eco glow now with another wee one that hatched out a few days later. Tried to add a short video of the two of them showing how the  2nd one  when I added it  into the eco glow how it tried to get underneath the slightly older one and followed it all the time. Guess it looked on it as its parent. Fascinating watching them. 

This is the model 'mum' I made for it :lol:

5ad6663a4a32e_CPQhidingunderneaththehandmadepretendadult(lol).thumb.jpg.96113d90561d54eb9831e3f8be6a8a24.jpg

Emmy