Sign in to follow this  
Kev Barrett

different colour white chicks

My first chicks I bred had one white chick which had an orange beak from day 1 my second lot of chicks has 1 white chick but has a black beak with a cheek patch and has just left the nest whats the difference in mutation please

IMG_20180411_171507_01.jpg

IMG_20180330_103139_01.jpg

When you say 'Orange' beak was it more a 'Bone' colour? If it was/ is then it could be a White/Pied. If it was true yellow then it could be a member of the Yellow Beak variety.

Your other chick (if that is the one in the photo) looks to be a Grey or Black Cheeked mutation.

Hope that someone else helps out here.

Andy

At a first look I would say that it is a White. The beak usually change to the Orange/Red when they get older.

If it is a White then both parents are carrying the Pied/White gene which is recessive and requires two to make a visual one. (hope that makes sense)

Sorry, just noticed that the parent cock is a visual White so the hen is carrying the gene.

I love that photo. Shame you've already posted it cos I recon that would have done well in our monthly photo competition.

On 4/12/2018 at 20:53, Kev Barrett said:

Thanks I will get the hang of it one day lol. Here is a pic of my latest three all siblings

IMG_20180412_185708.jpg

yeah, that would have got my vote.. its a *******..

• Like 1

On 16/04/2018 at 11:16, Lee Pycroft said:

yeah, that would have got my vote.. its a *******..

Er? What's gone here? C r a c k e r is the word that I put! No swear words. Lol 

• Haha 1