paulm

First Cfw Chick Of 2012

Hi AllThis is the first CFW of 2012 two day out of the nest just wanted to share.Youngcfw2dayoutofnest.jpgCheersPaul.

Hi HelenI got three of these in the one nest,i wasn't trying to breed CFW's and they will all be hens the pairing was Normal x Normal but apparently the cock is split for CFW,which was a long shot as he was Normal x Normal bred as well but his father must also of been split for CFW and passed it on.Paul.

Paul its so nice to see photographs of 'new arrivals' your wee one looks 'fair chuffed with itself' as though its thinking 'I'm simply the best!' ;) Emmy

I expect my first nest to fledge next weekend, they are cfw but i don't suppose there is a hope in **** they will look like that!

Well Paul another great looking chick i think we will have to look out in the show season if you keep producing birds like that,mark

Hi Mark I've done ok so far this year but im going to give them a rest and go for some more later in the year.Paul.

Hi PaulI have few pairs on there second round now which will be there last for a while i will rest them up for six months, There are still few pairs yet i have not used so i will be busy for couple months yet,mark

Hi Mark

I have few pairs on there second round now which will be there last for a while i will rest them up for six months,
When you do this do you separate the male & famale or do you just remove the nest box? I didnt separate them but I removed the nest box but the hen started laying eggs again- this time on the floor of the cage. If this happens do you just remove the eggs? (I find that hard to do - that's why I've now got another full nest with 7 eggs which should hatch out around the beg. of next month.Emmy

Hi EmmyWhen they have finished rearing there chicks and the chicks are fully weaned i separate them up totally the adult hens and cocks,I do leave the young all together thou for few more weeks till they are fully coloured up,If the hen has laid any eggs on cage floor before i have separated i foster those eggs to another pair or pair of bengies,mark

Maybe a silly question to ask but putting all the males together and same with the females does this not create an enviroment where they will fight with each other?Emmy

Hi Emmy What i have is all my cages in a row and linked together in one length, 5 cages long which is just over 7ft and i take the dividers out to make one long cage flight i probably have 20 odd cocks or hens in each flight cage,There is some squabbling that goes on but i find the culprit and removed him or she to there own singe cage,This is part off my set up,newcages.jpgmark

Mark do these cages come in a 5cage sealed unit or do you have to build them up?Emmy

Hi Emmy These cages are made in singles by Quiko but only sold in double pack of 2 quite dear to buy but very good cage very easy to clean out and wipe down and made of plastic below is a link,My linkmark

I have several of these cages and find them really good, i use them in doubles. They are easy to clean and spares are easy to get for them. I thought they were quite reasonable in price, i have paid alot more for double breeders.

I must apologise to Paul for going of your thread ( First CFW chick 2012 ) sorry mate i think we have got carried away,mark

Thanks for the link Mark and Sorry Paul I think it was me with my questions who set your post off in a different direction :) Emmy :)