paulm

Fawn 2012

Hi Gary 

Thanks their coming along excited for next breeding season.

Hi Emmy 

I'm not really one for showing i do it now and again just to keep my eye in.

Thanks for the positive comments.

Paul.

Paul

(Just trying out to see if my resizing of my photographs works lol ) These are some of my fawns but they are split for BC

Emmy

15th Nov 2015 bc DSC03284 (4) new size.jpg

Emmy they have their eyes on you all right :0, i always liked the BC's just no room for another colour lol.

Here a young hen 6 months old 

18-11-15a.jpg

18-11-15b.jpg

18-11-15c.jpg

Just beautiful Paul.

I've got a variety of different colours in the aviary -difficult to catch them though.  Some of them are a good size as well. Problem is I don't know the parents of the birds that's why I got a new bird shed and  this year I'm cage breeding. I'm hoping that apart from the finches I'll hopefully get some young from my gouldians and owl finches.

Emmy

Thanks Emmy. 

Its nice to know where they come from so you can pair them up without worrying they are related.

it can be a bit of a challenge cage breeding at times as sometime they don't always like the partner we pick for them, i always put the hen in the breeding cage first for a week or more so any bond she has formed with any other zebra is broken "make sure she cant see the ex partner if they had one" and then put the cock in for a show or other small cage so they are not panicked and introduce him into the breeding cage from there, the cock once you back away should sing to the hen and she will buzz her beak and tail and mating should happen, if they are fighting or chasing each other it can be a sign thing may not run smooth.

Remember two cocks or two hens can form a same sex pair with the bond being just as strong as a true pair and this can lead to them fighting with any new partners as well.

Paul.

Hi Paul,

Lovely young fawn hen, will you be showing her?

I finally have a decent sized pair of fawns for breeding, looking forward to their first chicks.

Clare

• Like 1