Sign in to follow this  
norfolk flyer

Black Breasted Cfw's

All, Today my 2 young came out of the box and both are BBCFW, they both will be hens. Went to get my camera came back and both gone back into box doh!I'll see if i can get pic's tomorrow and post them. These are the young in my gallery (latest pic's) in the box top veiw. Result, well pleased.Trevor :):angry:

All, Here are a couple of pic's of the BBCFW young + Dad again.Hope you like em!Trevor :)
Congratulations on a couple of nice looking chicks...but what colour is the cock bird?

very nice one Trevor !Hope you'll get more of these .......and here 2 pics how they could look like when they will be coloured.(2 of mine from 2011 )Michaelpost-244-035815500 1329822640_thumb.jpgpost-244-047795900 1329822609_thumb.jpg

Micheal, Thanks for that, really like pic's, both of mine are going to be hens, good to see actual BBCFW hen pic's nice one. Your male is a lot darker marked than mine as you can see, mine was the first i'd ever seen now yours the second.Do you breed many of these ? So are you far enough to put BBCFW to BBCFW if so well done thats one of my aims.Thanks for posting to me,Trevor :)

Michael, yours are red eye and Trevor's are black eye, that can explain the difference in colors

Yes Paul and Sam, you're right, mine are red eyed CFW (Continental) and Trevor's are black eyed CFW ( UK) and as Sam is telling us that's why mine is darker in color. In my breed i'm mixing both type : the continental ones to improve the color ( cream back, black tail markings and intense orange cheek and flancs marks) and the black eyes for the type (size and model). I'm pairing CFW x CFW : cock red eye x hen red eye, cock black eye/red eye x hen red eye and cock red eye x hen black eye.I'm doing the same pairings in my CFW fawn (BB): You'll find a pic of a CFW BB fawn black eye/red eye cock attached here ...The CFW-BB is a very nice combination of mutations, i hope you will have an excellent breeding season with yours Trevor ! :)Michael

post-244-079564600 1329921742_thumb.jpg