Sign in to follow this  
zebba 'D'

Here He/she Is :)

Hi all,

Here we have the chick spoken about in pre post, there were a nest of 6, 4 fawn females, 1 grey, and this chap which i think is a silver. i no there were talks of it been a cfw but what do you think form the picture, it looks more cream than it does silver, been one of the youngest in the nest still got some growing just under 4 weeks old.

Take a look see what you think any comments would be great.

cheers chris

Chris,

1st thing of note unless you've got cream or silver in the parents visually it's not either of them.

2nd What are the tail markings? reason for asking looks as if it could have BB in it.

It's definatly the fawn side of things rather than the grey side, bone coloured beak.

On further inspection i reckon it's a Isabel Fawn type.

That's me done,

Trevor :)

hi trevor,

The parent to the chick male is silver and female is a pure grey.

If you look on a post there is a picture of the male he is a very pale silver.

Chris

Chris,

thats helped alot now if your male is a silver/ fawn x normal hen, you would then get:-

12.5% Normal/Fawn Males

12.5% Fawn Females

12.5% Silver (SF) Males

12.5% Silver (SF) Females

12.5% Normal Males

12.5% Normal Females

12.5% Silver (SF) /Fawn Males

12.5% Silver (SF) Fawn Females

So if you notice the bottom one silver(sf) fawn female that is actually a cream.

Also your fawns will be females

Change my mind it could be a cream hen.

hi mate,

A cream hen :) that sounds good to me. How do the genetics stack up for her then mate. Going right back to grand parents i dont what they were.

Would there chance of producing cream males to?

Also thinking ahead now if she is a cream hen will she be pure and what would be best pairing results for next year?

Chris

Hi Chris

I also wouldn't like to say yet give it another 4 or so weeks when it has it moult as Dave says there no tear marks as with my creams they come out of the nest usually with tear marks,

Nice young one though why not get it entered in the May competition nice bird,

mark

hi mark,

I might just do that, see if i can try and win the double :).

Its a interesting chick mate, having never breed creams or silvers before its all new to me, she will be 4 weeks old the 29th.

Would you say cream or silver mate?

Cheers chris

Chris is there any pictures of both parents at all you can add to this thread, esp showing tail markings too.

Looks to have blackbreast in it to me

Hi Chris

This is a 20 day old cream lightback you can just see a very faint tear mark even at this young age,

gallery_84_23_110242.jpg

Hi

Im wondering if Chris Silver cock is split for Fawn and CFW and has produced a Cream CFW,saying that dilutes like cream come in a wide range of colours.

Paul.

Paul i think you could be right there as here is a cream that fledged couple days ago 23 days old now you can just see slight tear mark,

gallery_84_23_9858.jpg

hi chaps,

Some nice lookin birds there mark. Im looking forward for him/her to moultin out. Lookin at her/him looks alot more like the bottom photo.

A cfw cream, is this possible at all. If so what type of pairing would be best in that type.

Chris

Hi

Im wondering if Chris Silver cock is split for Fawn and CFW and has produced a Cream CFW,saying that dilutes like cream come in a wide range of colours.

Paul.

Paul,

If you look at my matings above, i reckoned the male was split for fawn. I noticed that you mentioned cfw.

Wouldn't the fawn over rule the cfw gene? isn't the fawn gene stronger ? just a question hope you don't mind me asking.

Hi Trev

The CFW Gene Overule's the Fawn gene but with the advent of crossing over the fawn gene can still have a visual effect on the birds when in combination with CFW,this can be seen in CFW Fawn with their Fawn marking's instead of the usual Black to Grey colour scale and the Fawn tint often found in body colour.

Paul.

hi dave,

A blackbreast cream- the other chicks in the nest are in the other post, the 4 fawn hens and the grey. Parents for the cream/silver chick are as followed. Silver/split for fawn male x grey female.

Where would the blackbreast come in to this mate?

Chris

Both parents will be split blackbreast

Any chance you can post picture of all 3 birds tails, father mother chick

As will be odvious if I'm right or not

Cock was odv bred from a fawn blackbreast x silver pairing

hi dave,

I will try and get pictures sorted out. What % would you say its a blackbreast cream?

If it is could there be a chance of the other 5 chicks been split for blackbreast to?

Chris

Without seeing tails of them all

If both parents are splits then

50% will be split

25% blackbreast

25% normal

Chick could also be just a split but i suspect full blackbreast