Sign in to follow this  
Dave.H

New Birds - Cock Mixed Type

Hi Dave

Looks to me like it has BB in it and wouldn't be surprised if it cheeked too it looks it but it tough to tell from the pictures.

Paul.

1)No tear mark, the points in the flancs are not round, a lot of black in the breast = BB

You should also check the tail marks to be sure it is BB

2) the color of the cheek is not regular, the color of the back doesn't look regular on the picture, no zeb marks on the breast = cheeked.

It is CFW anyway.

Michael

hi all

Its breed for a normal grey cock bird to a grey cheek hen i will have to cheek further back for grand parents but its from birds i have breed myself over the last few years and i dont have any blackbrested at all and never have had so maybe its got some blackbrested in it from a distant relation.

this is the first and only bird i have breed with this color so its a new one on me

cheers

Ryan

thanks for commenting all

and thanks for parentage ryan

would make his father a normal split cfw, bb some how

and hen a fawncheek split bb

different looking like i said when i got him, so heres hoping i get something nice off him too

no bb hens here at mo though

btw ryan you had my pms?

cheers

hi all

going back into grand perants breeding

the cock that breed the pictured bird was breed from a lightback cock - greycheek hen

the hen that breed the pictured bird was breed from lightback cock - greycheck hen

but not the same pair ............

i have not got any records further back than this as these birds were bought in and i no longer have there perantage recorded probabbly because it was hand written

cheers ryan

Hi

From a Lightback x Grey Cheek pairing you could expect

25%

Cheeked (SF) Lightback Males

25%

Lightback Females

25%

Cheeked (SF) Lightback

Females

25%

Normal/Lightback Males

So this would Mean apart from any other hidden sex Linked or Recessive mutations carried and not coming out visually the cock who was the father of the bird in photos above would of been a Normal/Lightback cock, now if you pair the Normal/lightback father of this birds to the Grey Cheek mother so.

Normal/Lightback x Grey Cheek Hen you would get

12.5%

Cheeked (SF) /Lightback Males

12.5%

Lightback Females

12.5%

Cheeked (SF) Lightback Females

12.5%

Normal /Lightback Males

12.5%

Cheeked (SF) Males

12.5%

Normal Females

12.5%

Cheeked (SF) Females

12.5%

Normal Males

In order for it to be a CFW cheek BB cock the parents would have to be both visual or the hen visual and the cock carrying CFW as this is need to produce CFW cocks also bother parents if not visual must be split for BB as it looks to be one to me.

I'm not a gambling man but now i would go for a Lightback cheeked BB cock.

Hope this make sense

Paul.

Thanks Paul sounds good to me.

Is it the cheeked and lightback working in.conjunction making him so light coloured then?

I have a normal hen, a lightback hen or a cfw hen I could pair him too to test?

Hi Dave

It's tough as the parents shouldn't of been able to produce a lightback cheeked cock only hens of this colour so i'm stumped on this one i would just pair him to the best hen for type if i were you mate and see what you get.

Paul.

This is BB for sure. It also seem to carry a Orange Brested gene, could be a split. The orange colour is appearing in the tail bars and there is orange colour between the cheek and breast bars on the right side.

Does not seem to be cheeked as the cheek patches are orange, though light in colour. If it were cheeked, cheek patches would have been fawn or gray.

All in all a beautiful bird.

Good luck Dave

the cock that breed the pictured bird was breed from a lightback cock - greycheek hen

the hen that breed the pictured bird was breed from lightback cock - greycheck hen

so we have the solution here:

the father is definitely grey split lightback (and split bb)

and the mother is not simply greycheek, but greycheek lightback indeed (and split bb as well)

therefore the pictured bird can only be lightback greycheek bb, as already said by Paul above.

ciao

Dimitri

Dave,

If you look at the male which i had (died) in my gallery yours is very simular apart yours seem a bit more brighter on the flanks.

I think it's a BBCFW, thats my oppinion, hope this helps.

What to breed it with? I would go for a BB grey this would give you hens of this type + BB grey males.

I'm sure you will put it with the right partner in the end, please let me know how you get on. Pity we didn't live closer as you could have borrowed a BBCFW hen of mine to test.

All the best,

Trevor :)

Hi

This link is to a photo of a adult CFW cheeked bird.

http://scottishzebra...d.com/id21.html

The only way for the above bird to be a CFW BB Cheeked birds is if the hen that bred it was split BB and a visual Cfw Cheeked hen and not a Grey Cheek, this is why i think it may be a lightback Cheeked bird,the markings are dark the hen which it was bred from could of been lightback Cheeked and the normal cock which was the father could of been split Lightback.

The cock that bred the Pictured bird was bred from Lightback x Grey Cheek which would mean all cocks were split Lightback and the hen which bred the pictured bird was bred the same way so if a visually Cheeked bird it would be lightback cheeked hen see below.

Lightback x Grey Cheek

25%

Cheeked (SF) /Lightback Males

25%

Lightback Females

25%

Cheeked (SF) Lightback Females

25%

Normal/Lightback Males

Paul.

Only problem I face is I don't have any full bb hens at present or splits for that matter.

My line of thinking is when little older pair to nice type cfw hen. As will test the cfw x lightback theory.

As if cfw bb will produce all cfw cocks and hens if lightback will give me lightback split cfw cocks and lightback hens.

Id love to take you up on offer trev but like you were miles apart until Newark ;). He'll be around 10months old by then.

Dave

Hi Dave

a CFW hen sounds like a good idea,it will be interesting to find out the results i think its just about has us all guessing :lol:

Paul.