Sign in to follow this  
mark1e

Flighty Timor's

Well this pair of Timor's will not settle down at this moment i got them from Stafford show in July they are really flighty all the time,

They had laid 4 eggs but wouldn't sit proper at all most likely younger than i was told i was told late 2011 birds but one never knows buying from show sales,

One thing i would say is every time i went to look in there nest box both birds would attack me in there own little way of defending there Territory's

Anyway they are housed in 3ft long double breeder but thats not enough for them i need now to get them in a small flight say 6ft long x 2ft wide x 6ft high outside with inside feeding area and in this size of flight i can also put another 2 or 3 pairs in there with them to make a small colony of the timor's all living together hopefully,

Well they nearly settled down so i could take couple pictures of them but as i say they are flighty little things but what do you think of them,

gallery_84_23_17650.jpg

gallery_84_23_6925.jpg

gallery_84_23_46486.jpg

mark

• Like 1

Nice birds Marke (You getting more cages too :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Are Timors just the same colour as 'normals' but only smaller? Do you get diffferent colours in them too as in the other Zebra finches?.

(Notice you have the leylandi branches in the cage that Dave was talking about in my post about perches. (notice too that you have one of the perches in your cage that I was asking about. :D

Emmy

Hi markie

Defo a larger cage/flighted bird and best interference to a minimum as usually reliable breeders from what I'm told different to nominate zebs can be very territorial also I wouldnt colony breed them.

Dave

Hi Emmy

The Timor Zebra is the smallest of them all

Wild Timor 10-11g

Wild Austrian 12-13g

UK Pet-type 16-20g

UK Exhibition 25-30g+

You can only get the Timor zebra in one colour only that is normal grey, if you ever see one in different colour it is a hybrid and not worth keeping only as pet-bird,

Emmy you say getting more cages well in fact i need another 9 yet to finish my small bird-room but they will have to weight till next year,

The perches you are on about in the picture is just 12.5mm standard thickness the perch might look big but it is the birds that are so small i also have 5mm & 8mm plus there is the Leylandi which they perch in they love to hide in small places,

mark

Hi Dave

Looks like i will have to make some alterations in my bird-room for these birds to have there own flights which at the moment i can't do with the training program started for the shows in few weeks time,

I have read a few of some persons articles now on keeping them in flights which works better for them other than cages,

But they do say on colony system will work fine which i will approach first i think a well planted out flight which i have at the moment empty,

I will not keep them outside in flights thou in the winter as i have found out they will need a little heat over here in the UK as our winters to cold for them,

mark

Seen a collection of temor zebras at Chester zoo last week......have to say they are a beautiful specimen. So small yet perfect in colour. Love them!!

Hi Scott

I have pair here for sale if your that interested in them £20.00 pair you can pick up at stafford in Oct,

mark

Hi Mark

Sell them from the stand as they are sure be noticed there and may be the buyer could pick them up a little later if its an early sale that way they wont have to carry them around and they can remain on display.

Paul.

Thanks for the offer Mark.......I only actually have an aviary of mixed zebras so it would be unfair to add them to this. As others have said though, I think they should be on show as long as possible before you sell them!!!

Scott

This pair of Timor's are now in the Auction so if anyone interested you could always make a bid on them happy bidding

mark

Hi Pip,

If your going to Stafford next week then you've got a chance of owning a pair by placing a bid on the ones that Mark has donated to the forum.

Gary.

Good thinking alan so pip you could still get a pair that you wanted get your bid made,

mark