zebba 'D'

Pet Shop Find :-)

Hi all,

Just thought I would share this male with you, I brought him from a local pet shop. It was his symmetry that grabbed me and his normal male marking split.

20130328_175649_zps338f6f99.jpg

20130328_175622_zpsea2d7fd6.jpg

Your thoughts please.

Chris

That was a lucky find Chris  He's a lovely bird.   He looks just like one of my pieds.

Do you have a pied hen to pair it with?

Emmy

Hi emmy,

Im afraid I don't, I have 2 spare females not sure which one to put with him. A good size normal female or a blackbreast/orange breast fawn female.

What would the out comes of these pairs be;

Pied male x grey female

Or

Pied male x b/b.o/b fawn female.

Thanks

Chris,

Good looking male there mate, hope he gives you so good stock.

As for your question,

Pied x Normal = 100% Normal split Pied.

Pied x BBOB Fawn = 50% Normal split BBOB Pied Fawn males

50% Normal split BBOB Pied hens.

Hope this helps Chris,

Trevor :)

Hi trevor,

Cheers for that mate, I have him paired down to a normal female. You say 100% normal split pieds does this mean that all chicks will be pied.

Say if I were to put pied to pied it 100% pied. What the difference between 100% pied and 100% normal pied.

Chris.

Chris,

All the chicks will be as a normal zeb (male and female) but they will be carrying the pied gene (not visualy)

No difference some people say just pied meaning a normal pied but i always put the colour in front ie normal pied.

Hope this has helped,

Trevor :)

Hi trev,

Just to confirm then mate, if they do have chicks they will just look like your standard grey but will carry the pied gene. So when pairing the chicks to pied carriers and visual pieds they will have pied chicks.

I dont no much about the female with him other than she is a normal grey. Let say she is carring the pied gene and paired to the male, will the chicks be visual pied.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi trev,

Just to confirm then mate, if they do have chicks they will just look like your standard grey but will carry the pied gene. So when pairing the chicks to pied carriers and visual pieds they will have pied chicks.

I dont no much about the female with him other than she is a normal grey. Let say she is carring the pied gene and paired to the male, will the chicks be visual pied.

Thanks,

Chris