jugglerjeff

Penguins

i had a trip over to the "winterbottoms" in rochdale today to pick up a few pairs of penguins again.. any one who fancies some wouldn't go far wrong to give them a ring or find there sales table at stafford as they've bred a fair few of decent standard...

never had penguins before but have been tempted beforethey are a mutation that seems to be on the up with a lot more people breeding them than in the pastseen some very nice specimens at shows last year or twogood luck with them jeff

Good to hear there is more interest in Penguin zebrafinches, it's a very nice mutation, not easy but they can be very nice.Hope to see many of them on shows.Good breeding with them.Huub.

well i have took the plunge and managed to sort myself a pair of normal penguinsgetting them at weekendjust something to play with and offer me another little challangelooking forward to trying to breed some nice clean breasted specimensdave

Dave that's a big difference in your breeding program penquins, might come over to see what there like seen some at S&NCZFS on saturday very nice birds was your birds from there!mark

no mark still concentrating on my normal colours just fancied a pair or two of these to play withone or two people showing them now so a chance to get some competition at end of year to see if they have improvedthey definatley wont be takng over the shedyes i picked up at carlisle off colin clark top bloke is colin with some very nice birdsi beleive you did well on saturday well done,sorry i didnt see much of showi ended up having a meal with a load of my family that live in carlisle and it went on a bit longer than expectedstill it was nice to see everybody up there at my favorite show even if my birds were not that good on the daynext show haltwhistle my favorite cbs showgot a cracking judge for the day aswell :)

Good luck at Haltwhistle Dave,sadly i won`t be going,as i have nothing to show :( I agree it`s a really good show and John Lennox is a top bloke.I know what you meen about Carlisle,i didn`t even get the chance to look at all the birds,with one thing or another and didn`t even get to speak to you :rolleyes: Anyway hopefully there`s next year and i can breed some birds to be able to exhibit more than 2 pairs :D Scott

no mark still concentrating on my normal colours just fancied a pair or two of these to play withone or two people showing them now so a chance to get some competition at end of year to see if they have improvedthey definatley wont be takng over the shedyes i picked up at carlisle off colin clark top bloke is colin with some very nice birdsi beleive you did well on saturday well done,sorry i didnt see much of showi ended up having a meal with a load of my family that live in carlisle and it went on a bit longer than expectedstill it was nice to see everybody up there at my favorite show even if my birds were not that good on the daynext show haltwhistle my favorite cbs showgot a cracking judge for the day aswell :rolleyes:
Ive heard hes a bit ropey !!!!! :(

Hi Dave met up with colin clark at the show and he wants loads of creams of me next year,he did have creams few years ago but he wants to start up again with them,as you say top bloke had good half hour talk with him at show same with all that i talked to at show very nice bunch of people,mark

I had a look in the ZFF Gallery and could only see 2 pictures of penguins.Does anyone have some pictures of quality penguins please ?Thanks in advance.Michael

Hi MichaelGoing of the Poll under ( all Other colours ) there are 6 people that have said they breed Penguins so you might be lucky they might post some pictures on now you have asked to see some,mark

So i'm making the start myself with a picture of a penguin normal cock ( see my album).........in the hope that pictures of other people's penguins will follow.:)

i had a trip over to the "winterbottoms" in rochdale today to pick up a few pairs of penguins again.. any one who fancies some wouldn't go far wrong to give them a ring or find there sales table at stafford as they've bred a fair few of decent standard...
Hi jugglerjeffdo you have a contact for winterbottoms as I really would like to get hold of a good pair of penguis or two CheersRyan

hi broughy...i have a number for them ,but they aren't that keen on visitors to be honest ....although i'm sure you would be able to pre order a few for stafford

MichaelWe will have to wait till Gary releases the picture first so we can view them looking forward to seeing them,mark

Penguins , lovelly mutation and nice to see clean ones and of good quallity .Remember winning best breeder at midland all zebra show in 1993 with pair normal pengies , jeez that was a while ago !!!!!!!!!! Peter Harrison also had a few top penguins at that time .The other folk i remember with penguins were dennis webster and charlie scarth any one know them ??