Sign in to follow this  
birdman

My Cream Hen For 2014

just thought I would share this cream hen I pick up in October for breeding with in 2014 and see what you think of here thanks for any reply's

Richard

post-2315-0-22909300-1388501378_thumb.jp

post-2315-0-12734600-1388501422_thumb.jp

hi clare
thanks for post she's being paired with one of my exhibition fawn males that I have. ive also got a cream male that I am going to pair up later. the hen as three chicks at the moment.first time I have owned creams.the chicks are really strange as one chick is like dad and the other two are really light coloured so don't no if there creams or not will have to see how they turn out
richard

Hi Richard,

I only have one cream hen, she was with one of my fawn males, I ended, up with silvers, normal and fawns,

they bred in the aviary so I think she was playing away :D

I have to admit I get confused with creams as they can vary in colour, so the two lighter ones are probably the lighter shade of cream?

Good luck with yours

Clare

A really nice bird Richard.

Can you pair a cream with a cream? or does it have to be a cream with a fawn?

Emmy

Hi

As the guys have said the hen in the photos seems to be a Fawn hen and not a cream, the give away sign is the darkness of her markings which should be Diluted by the Cream dilute mutation and not a vivid dark Brown colour as in this hen.

Paul.

• Like 1

hi guys baffald by some comments as the picture of the hen is deffo a cream and not a fawn and was bought of peter cannan with a male.maybe there was not enough light when I took the pic and as you no creams can come in various shade.

.emmy creams have to be paired with fawns as they are dominant

richard

Hi

Having only seen the photo's of the hen I would 100% say Fawn, if you look a the photo below you can see they are similar in colour, you get a great deal of variation in colour with fawn and get light coloured birds such as the hen below.

4ab0ddc3-a204-43de-bd8a-71bdb5265213_zps

e81dd7b4-d55f-4f12-b225-bfb23c0e8598_zps

100_9916_zpsf3c61949.jpg

And below are some creams not owned or bred by myself but you can see what I mean by the dilution of the mutation affecting the dark brown markings, this happens to differing degree's depending on the level of dilution to the bird.

g25.jpg

g28.jpg

hi palum

if that's you opinion then that's your then fine but the hen in question as just produce 2 chicks with which are

dilutes so she must be a cream.i also notice that the male on the bottom is a similar colour to the hen so if that the case hes not a dilute then

richard

Richard, is it possible she was with a cream cock before being paired to the fawn cock? Or you swapped eggs around. Even with dark creams you can tell they are creams by looking at the tail. On your hen she looks identical to a fawn and has the same tail as a fawn.

hi pete

I split all my zebs up all females in a cage and males in another so that there is nowhere they have possibly been

together. any way my hen is not even near my others she separated with her mate in there own quarters.hope this

answer your question.as I have stated she is deffo a cream and looks no where the same as any of my fawns even the

male shes with

richard

The photos look pretty clear, she doesnt show any signs of being a cream, maybe the cheek patches are throwing you as they are pale. Maybe take a photo with her in a cage with your other fawn hens to compare. If your fawn hens dont look like her then maybe your others are not fawn hens??

I have only got one more pair of zebs on chicks they are bb/ob x obbb. my other zebs are not even paired up yet so

my final answer is no she is a cream proven by the chicks .