Sign in to follow this  
KareemSerry

Something Weird With My Grey Hen.

Hi all,

My regular grey hen, i assume, has a breast bar and what looks like a lighter shade of grey where the cheeks are in males. I will be posting a photo soon but until then you'll have to imagine. 

She is only 3 months old and the breast bar has only started showing about a weak ago, so have the "white" cheeks. Her beak is definitely orange and is lighter than her male mate. I am pretty certain she is a hen.

So? I have been searching mutations and have found none that give females a breast bar. I though maybe BlackBreasted but her tear mark is striking. Also is there such a thing as a white cheek?

Thank you all.

-Kareem

UPDATE: Sadly, A hawk managed to break through to their cage and killed her mate. :'( She is ok but I wont be stressing her out with the camera and pictures any soon.

hey baz,

So will these markings get stronger?

Will she pass them on to her offspring?

She actually looks pretty nice. 

Thank you.

-Kareem

She is only 3 months old and the breast bar has only started showing about a weak ago, so have the "white" cheeks. Her beak is definitely orange and is lighter than her male mate. I am pretty certain she is a hen.

sorry if i have misread your post but I really hope you are not trying to breed off her at 12 weeks old 

Hi allan,

No I'm not, but sadly the pet store was. I'm not giving her a nest nor am I pushing her into breeding. But to be honest i'm not discouraging her either. Anyways her mate died.

-Kareem