Ian B

Old Newbie Retruns

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of building an aviary for some Zebra's I have kept them before but that was probably 35 years ago! Since then I have served Queen and Country, it has taken a long time to find the right place. Yes I have been reading this forum fo some time. I have looked around and am interested to find a breeder in the Lincoln area.   

Regards

Ian B

Welcome back Ian,

Hope you get your self sorted with some finches soon mate let's know how you get on.

Cheers

Tony

Welcome to the Forum Ian, I think once you have kept Finches, even if you have to  give them up for a while, is more than likely you have to get some more. They're such lovely little birds.

Looking forward to finding out what colours you get.

Emmy

Thank you for the replies, I have spent the last few days on the build, still plenty of work to go before I'm in a position give these birds a home.

I bought my mesh from Moncaster's yesterday some 35 years since my last purchase and still got a good deal :)

So much to do yet busy few days to go.....

Welcome to the forum and back to keeping and breeding Zebra Finches.

Keep us posted on your progress and please ask as many questions as you like.

Gary.

Thanks Gary,

still building my aviary, this could take a while, but I'm doing the best I can. I'm also looking around thought there would be a breeder local to me, there probably is but I just haven't found them yet. There are so many ways to sell these days, it was just news papers all those years ago...

Welcome to the Forum Ian,

Nice to know there is another Forces Veteran on here too.

Hope to get some photo entries for our competition when you get set up maybe.

All the best.

Andyn

Thanks Andyn,

the aviary build goes on the good news is I have found a local breeder :good:

Slowly it all comes together

• Like 1

The aviary build still goes on it must be finished this weekend as the new occupants arrive on Monday.

I must admit, I thought there would be a Forum here, purely on aviaries, the build, different styles, tips, and hints, indoors, outdoors, big small, what not to do…etc. 8)  

Regards

Ian B

Hi Ian

If you type in 'Aviaries' in the search box  (top right on page) a list of posts will come up where people have been discussing aviaries.

Hope this helps.

Emmy

I would have posted 3, 6, and 7 in the photo comp if I coud just workout how ... too late next month perhaps

Ian  your birds look fantastic I love white I've got a few but most of the are split for BC so my aim is to breed a white BC.

Re the photo competition you just send an email to :

andy.nethercott@outlook.com and attach the photo to the email and Andy does the rest ;)  :lol:

Thanks for sharing the photos :good:

Emmy