Papajay

Hi from Kent

10 hours ago, Papajay said:

Hi Everyone, 

I'm Jay, affectionately known as Papajay, I have had my own aviary for around a year now; though I grew up in a house with one,

My brood is slightly different to the one I grew up with, I have Zebra finches (love these little fellas) 30 years ago in my Dads aviary I only really knew of the normal greys and the strawberry finches, I have to say I love the variations that are around now, I particularly favour Isabels; they seem to have great character and I find a lot tamer! I also have pied, phaeo, black cheek, fawns and a couple of normal greys. Also in the aviary I have a pair of Java sparrows and a pair of diamond doves. I developed psoriatic arthritis several years ago and it has reached a stage that I am now medically retired, so these wonderful creatures along with my writing are what keep me sane... Thank you for accepting me into your community, God bless you all... 

Helloooooo my friend, welcome to this great forum. Lots of info on here and lots of people with great knowledge, enjoy. A few rules for you to follow that you might not have come across yet, these also apply to the other members too especially if your name is Jane,Andrew or Claire B).

If you beat me in the photo comp, YOUR BARRED! 

Mention black cheeks, YOUR BARRED!

The only time Black Cheeks or BCCFW'S can be mentioned on this site from now on is if the words are in a sentence involving such words as...

Lee Pycroft, I've got some excellent black cheeks you might be interested in :D

OR

Lee Pycroft, i know someone who is selling some good quality black cheeks. :P

Thought seeing your new to the site it was only fair to let you know!  :diablo:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lee Pycroft said:

this member needs banning asap, he's a bad-un

Is that how you're going to win the photo competition? Get all the other competitors banned? Have a bit of confidence in yourself Lee. Your pictures aren't that bad, you might even be in the top 10! B)

11 minutes ago, Andrew123 said:

Is that how you're going to win the photo competition? Get all the other competitors banned? Have a bit of confidence in yourself Lee. Your pictures aren't that bad, you might even be in the top 10! B)

:P:P:P

Lee thank you for not including me in your warning (can't recall a 'Jane' registered oh this forum - could be wrong though) so I am allowed to remind you that you could have had a pair of BC as a gift from me in October.

I offered to bring them down to Stafford to you but at that time I didn't know if they were show quality-- Now just to make you feel better a pair of those BC went on to get 3rd place in show.;)

So take heed in future: ' Never look a gift horse in the mouth' (lol)   

Now just to rub salt into the wound:   By now you perhaps would have had your BCCFW if you had accepted my offer. :lol:

EMMY;)

Hi Jay,

Welcome to the forum, please ignore Lee I think we might have wound him up a bit with the BCCFW thing,

Opps must be banned now:D

Anyway will hopefully get to see your posts, and pics.

Clare

2 hours ago, Lee Pycroft said:

Helloooooo my friend, welcome to this great forum. Lots of info on here and lots of people with great knowledge, enjoy. A few rules for you to follow that you might not have come across yet, these also apply to the other members too especially if your name is Jane,Andrew or Claire B).

If you beat me in the photo comp, YOUR BARRED! 

Mention black cheeks, YOUR BARRED!

The only time Black Cheeks or BCCFW'S can be mentioned on this site from now on is if the words are in a sentence involving such words as...

Lee Pycroft, I've got some excellent black cheeks you might be interested in :D

OR

Lee Pycroft, i know someone who is selling some good quality black cheeks. :P

Thought seeing your new to the site it was only fair to let you know!  :diablo:

Lee, Thank you,

I'm struggling with your rules... Black cheeks are my fave... we get more of them and much much more superior quality specimens here in the south lol..

That extra couple of degrees makes a world of difference lol :) 

• Like 1

Hi Jay 

You mentioned BC you must now be BARRED:lol: and on your first day on the forum congratulations:yahoo:

Well that is if you follow Lee's rules.

Clare

P.S I'm down South to.

1 minute ago, white zebra said:

did i say i picked up a really nice pair of lightback bc at Newark  nice deep colour and black flanks

I've got a lovely pair of bc lightbacks in the shed. I don't want them but I don't want Lee to have them, so I'll keep them.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Clare L said:

Hi Jay 

You mentioned BC you must now be BARRED:lol: and on your first day on the forum congratulations:yahoo:

Well that is if you follow Lee's rules.

Clare

P.S I'm down South to.

So you will totally back me up then Clare, Our warmer temps make all the difference :) 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, white zebra said:

did i say i picked up a really nice pair of lightback bc at Newark  nice deep colour and black flanks :D:D

White Zebra!  Your on the list! :D

16 hours ago, Andrew123 said:

Poor Lee. I think this is bullying now. Good fun though.

don't think I haven't noticed that you've changed your avatar profile picture!:diablo::p

17 hours ago, Andrew123 said:

I've got a lovely pair of bc lightbacks in the shed. I don't want them but I don't want Lee to have them, so I'll keep them.

that's abit harsh lol

all you have to do it mention BCCFW  to Mr. Lee aka I think I am david bailey pycroft an he goes a bit wild......... 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, amf1975 said:

all you have to do it mention BCCFW  to Mr. Lee aka I think I am david bailey pycroft an he goes a bit wild......... 

who's David Bailey then :D i'm not as old as you lol

• Like 1

Oh Good as I'm not that old:D, I bought some new Zebs today, 2 x CFW Hens, 1 X LB Hen & a CFW Male.

Will be pairing them up to a BCLB/CFW male LB/BCCFW Male, CRBFBBBC Male.

The CFW Male to a CFW/BC Hen.

Could have some interesting results:D

Once their settled in or course.

Opps done it again, mentioned BC with CFW

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clare L said:

Oh Good as I'm not that old:D, I bought some new Zebs today, 2 x CFW Hens, 1 X LB Hen & a CFW Male.

Will be pairing them up to a BCLB/CFW male LB/BCCFW Male, CRBFBBBC Male.

The CFW Male to a CFW/BC Hen.

Could have some interesting results:D

Once their settled in or course.

Opps done it again, mentioned BC with CFW

:p:p:p

• Like 1