Zebrahead

Hello from South Wales

Hi guys,

I'm kinda new to the hobby, my first time at keeping birds, but have had them in the family for a couple of years, my dad had a large aviary and now it's time I did.

So I have built myself an outside aviary 7ft long 8ft wide and 6ft tall connected to a 8x4 shed.

Had birds for 2 weeks now, 3 pairs of Zebra Finches, pair of Java Sparrows, pair of Diamond Doves and a pair of Canaries.

I'm looking to get another pair of Canaries (mrs wants orange ones) pair of Owl Finches and some Quail (2 hens and a cock),

All are doing great with plenty of flying, singing, bathing and now nest making with 2 eggs already!

So stand by you guys for plenty of questions

56db122e60479_IMG_3982(Small).thumb.JPG.56db123ecfc1f_IMG_3983(Small).thumb.JPG.56db124c56e6f_IMG_3987(Small).thumb.JPG.56db125349fa4_IMG_3988(Small).thumb.JPG.56db126265c56_IMG_3989(Small).thumb.JPG.56db126be9dc2_IMG_3990(Small).thumb.JPG.56db129c07185_IMG_3994(Small).thumb.JPG.Got a few nice grasses in now for the Quail to play in and a bird bath on top of the black stand you can see, and of course a nice layer of sawdust on the floor.

thanks, it was a challenge building in the rain we had a few weeks ago, but all done now and rather pleased with it.

Hi Zebrahead and welcome to our Forum.

Most impressed with your setup there and I think you are good at photography too.

I'll look forward to receiving some shots like those above as entries in our monthly photo competition then.

Enjoy your birds and ask away with any questions you have.

Andyn

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum Zebrahead, Your aviary looks great and I bet the birds will be happy in there.

So far you have 12 birds and plan on getting 7 more?  = 19

Thinking back when I got my aviary I had just about the same birds as you have to begin with (I didn't have the Java sparrows) but I also have  cockatiels and Bengalese. 

The number I have now??  well all I can say its difficult for me to count just how many I have at present and I now have another bird shed too!

Be interesting to find out if the same happens to you :D Please let us know how you get on.:D

Emmy

Thanks for all the kind comments, I really am enjoying this hobby, can watch them for hours. 

Pics are with my phone but may try with camera 

i already have plans in place to extend Emmy lol 

10 minutes ago, Zebrahead said:

i already have plans in place to extend Emmy lol 

It never ends Zebrahead until you run out of garden space ;) and even then I doesn't stop --There's still inside the house:lol:

Emmy

• Like 1

welcome to the family, oops i mean forum!!! looks like you got bird heaven there, i am getting jealous by the minute !!!

welcome to the forum. a very nice mix of birds you have and a very nice set up an sure they will be very happy to live in there....