angel81247

hi just joined forum

Hi everyone my name is Angel , I live in Mottingham SE London ... I have five pairs of zebra finches all sitting on eggs , I'm a novice in the true sense of the word lol although I have shown once at Joydens Wood Kent and got a 2nd on my CFW woop woop all my birds have been bought from there and they are beautiful birdies I will be joining "Zebra Finch Society" as it seems they are taking 2017 subscriptions ,  I will be asking lots of questions some may seem obvious to some of you but I am new to this so all advice and experiences are gonna help me 

thanks for reading my introduction

Angel 

Hi there and welcome to the forum.

I'm sure any questions you have will be answered by members who have been/are novices.at some time.

Sounds like you have the Zebie bug and enjoyed showing too.

If you join the ZFS you would get a ring order form which is what you would need (rings that is) if you want to show own bred birds next year.

Whatever you decide enjoy your birds and remember that the most stupid question is the one not asked. :D

Perhaps you will enter our monthly photo competition some time too.

Andy N

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum Angel

You have 5 pairs all sitting on eggs - That's just great.

Are you going to keep all the young ones?  I always find it difficult to part with them but sometimes its necessary to part with some.

Hope all goes well with the breeding.

No matter how long you keep birds you will never know everything and new information is always being passed on so please just keep asking and also tell  us how things are progressing.

Emmy

• Like 1

thank you all for the warm welcome I have got the bug lol I love my birdies I am keeping a close eye on hens marvelous how they sit on the eggs and the cocks sleep with them at night I will keep an update and let you all no the outcome on the forum ..... heres photos of George and Ruby "normals"14344700_1291933157517368_5287645819177814093_n.jpg14358898_1292996674077683_8164843074636907579_n.jpg and Albert and Mabel CFW

welcome to the addictive world of zebra finches an good to see new people taking the plunge an trying the bench.... good luck..

p.s if you have birds on eggs now it's a tad bit early for the 2017 zfs rings to come(if you do join) for you to be able to ring them and CYOB show them next year as rings wont come till the 6th jan at the earliest. you could still show them in the adults classes. also it is better to sell excess birds that have closed year/identification rings on.. again good luck an enjoy  these wonderful little birds.

Andrew

• Like 1