Sign in to follow this  
saint666

hello

Hello my name is Damian from Stoke I have bred birds for 40 years and been breeding exhibition budgies for a few years but not shown any as yet ,but a few years ago I was made disabled and had a few zebs of which I have a cfw which must be about 7 years old now but now wondering if my set up would lend its self to breeding exhibition zebs better than my budgies .My budgies are from good bloodlines been from Stoke but unsure if I can breed the numbers to compete as many seem to have massive setups I must say quality should always come before quantity but even the beginners seem to have the big numbers bred each year so my thinking is do I flip over to the zebra finches as the space I have would let me have more scope and maybe another way run them side by side that's for me to decide but any info from yourselves would be great .Could any one in or around my area that has any exhibition stock please let me know if they have any to sell or swap ,traveling is a problem due to my muscular dystrophy so need to be local thanks for reading and any help or advice would be most welcome 

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I changed from Budgies about 4 years ago and never looked back. BUT Exhibition Zebra Finches can be just as difficult to breed as Budgies.

You might find Exhibition Zebras on Preloved, Gumtree, FreeAds & Pets4Homes. Courier cost is about £45 for a box which would carry 12 birds.

Andyn