Steve Gloster

Getting into Zeb’s

Hi everyone

Looking forward to learning more about Zebra Finches after having a great first year with them  and breeding over 100 in my wife’s & my mixed aviary - we’ve been kept busy with them.

one thing I would like to ask first is about the ZFS website - I can’t seem to get on it, I’ve tried iPhone, iPad & my laptop without success & was wondering if anyone else experienced the same problem. 

Hi Steve and welcome to our Forum.

Is this the site you have been trying?- http://www.zebrafinchsociety.org.uk/ 

We heard of other people who couldn't access it from their phone etc., but Peter Cannan and I can from our home PCs. and via www.swandsczfc.uk (links to other societies)

Enjoy the Forum!!

Hi bud, thanks

yes that’s the site - I’ve tried all methods, phone, tablet and laptop - always the same timeout message. I’ve tried it via various different links with the same results. Frustrating to be honest as I’m thinking of joining but want to browse through the website first. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Steve Gloster said:

Hi bud, thanks

yes that’s the site - I’ve tried all methods, phone, tablet and laptop - always the same timeout message. I’ve tried it via various different links with the same results. Frustrating to be honest as I’m thinking of joining but want to browse through the website first. 

its not just you fella, i gave up with the **** thing and just use this site now, it has more than enough information to keep you well informed and if you do facebook? i created a page called "My Zebra Finches" (took hours to come up with that title lol)  i no longer run it as too busy but a few members off here took it on but has loads of pictures and answered questions. 

Hmm! not sure whats going on with the ZFS website thing but I went straight through to it on my wife's Ipad

Wondering if certain search engines can't or wont find it.

Sorry I can't help further.

The ZFS site is loading very slow, but I have managed to access it via Firefox and Chrome,

Try clearing your cache on your web browser to see if it helps.

I'll try the mobile version next to see what happens.

• Like 1

Hi all - thanks everyone for your input- much appreciated.

i think it’s fair to say I’m obviously not going to get where I need to be which is to be able to view the ZFS website. It’s a bit of a shame really as I was interested in joining the society but wanted to have a good mooch at the site and make my decision afterwards. If anyone here is in contact with the people who manage the site I think they need to be told that it is inaccessible so therefor pointless in its existence rather than simply ignoring the issue, shame though.

Thanks again though for taking the time to reply.

Steve,

Don't give up just yet. Someone from on here has done a speed loading test and results were quite positive. And we can't understand why you have a problem getting on to it.

Cheers for the response - all I can say is it’s the first time I’ve ever tried to visit a website and not been able to view it. On top of that having tried to visit it using several different machines with the same results tells me there is an issue of some kind. Having built/designed/managed websites over time I’ve never come across the issue - and having high speed fibre at home I certainly wouldn’t expect to. I’m baffled as to what the problem could be & certainly hope the ZFS get to the bottom of it, not just so I can view it but so potential other visitors can too. Cheers again.