mark1e

When I Joined The Forum

Hi everyone this is just a survey need as much imput as possible please thank you,When i joined the forum 30Th January 2011 there was only 62 member on here and only 600 posts been made but now there are 238 members over 7000 odd posts,What i am getting at is quite simple there has been 176 member joined after myself in just under one year which i find very good results so far so this is what i am after,Since you joined this forum how many of you have then joined the ZFS i.e for your membership or rings and how did you find out about joining the ZFS was it from here on the site!I think there has been a lot of persons joining here first then joining the zfs with all the Links to there site that have been posted on here am i right!I need to know how many joined here first then zfs,Can you please PM me or just post on this thread please you answer,Thank you,markGary there is no where else to put this thread so that every member can see it, move it if you have to mark1e :D

hi marki joined the zfs first then the zffuk i only done it that way as i had seen the zfs in the cage and aviary bird paper as my farther used to get it every week cheers Ryan

Hi,I joined the ZFS first,as I HAVE ALWAYS KEPT ANIMALS AND,(OOPS)and have always joined the relevant clubs and societies,in order to support the hobby.I can't remember how I found about about the forum,most probably word of mouth!I'd like to add,I'm thoroughly enjoy the forum,and visit it most days,at least once!

For me it happend the same way as helen, I joined the zfs first then seen a post on there forum about this site so joined here. I searched the net and found the zfs then I joined. I know that there is plenty of people on this site that joined here first then the zfs so hopfully you get the result your look for mark. good luck mate.tam.

Mark, I joined the zfs first then here, reason was (sound like jethro) i was with another forum to do with zeb's started off ok but then got a bit picky/argumentative so i bailed out and my pal google come to the rescue. I've got no regrets at all in bailing out.Trevor :)

Hi AllanI started the thread just to see how many members on here joined here first before joining zfs,I have been reading posts from months and months ago about persons on here first then joining the zfs and there are a few but they are not coming forward on this thread yet,mark

Hi AllanI started the thread just to see how many members on here joined here first before joining zfs,I have been reading posts from months and months ago about persons on here first then joining the zfs and there are a few but they are not coming forward on this thread yet,mark
still cant see the point of this thread !!!!!!!!!!

still cant see the point of this thread !!!!!!!!!!
Allan please tell me what you can't under stand i think it's quite simple, how many joined this forum befor the zfs am i missing something :unsure: ,mark

Mark the point I trying to make is simple tell me how knowing whether someone joined here or the zfs is going to help breed zebras or is it just an other thread to put post numbers up

I joined this zebra finch forum after searching the internet to find a forum that would give me the answers to the many (perhaps some may think silly) questions I have re zebra finches. I havent been disappointed everyone is so willing to help. After having been on this forum and reading about the ZFS I have been thinking about joining the ZFS but as I dont 'show' the finches that I have I'm not sure if I could join? But whether I join or not I will still post here. You are all so good and have a wealth of information that you dont hesitate to share - better than can be found in books.Emmy

I joined the ZFS first, but only just. The ZFF has enabled me to progress so fast, in 2 and 1/2 months i have built my birdroom with indoor flights and breeding cages and setup with some nice birds from some of the top breeders and i am expecting my first eggs to hatch from 7 pairs next week.If everything goes ok i am looking to show for the first time at the ZFS clubshow 2012.By the sounds of things there are others on this site who are looking to start showing this year as well, lets all meet up as novices and do the ZFS show.Many thanks to all who have helped (so far) on this site.

I joined the ZFS first, but only just. The ZFF has enabled me to progress so fast, in 2 and 1/2 months i have built my birdroom with indoor flights and breeding cages and setup with some nice birds from some of the top breeders and i am expecting my first eggs to hatch from 7 pairs next week.If everything goes ok i am looking to show for the first time at the ZFS clubshow 2012.By the sounds of things there are others on this site who are looking to start showing this year as well, lets all meet up as novices and do the ZFS show.Many thanks to all who have helped (so far) on this site.
I hope you do exhibit at the club show Mark, you will be made most welcome.CheersDave

I joined this zebra finch forum after searching the internet to find a forum that would give me the answers to the many (perhaps some may think silly) questions I have re zebra finches. I havent been disappointed everyone is so willing to help. After having been on this forum and reading about the ZFS I have been thinking about joining the ZFS but as I dont 'show' the finches that I have I'm not sure if I could join? But whether I join or not I will still post here. You are all so good and have a wealth of information that you dont hesitate to share - better than can be found in books.Emmy
Emmy, you dont have to show your birds to join the zfs mate, there are lots of people that have joined that dont show, I think its more about being part of somthing that represents these little birds that we all love. and dont think that any question you have are silly as I'm sure like me and many others on this site have found that if you dont ask about somthing your not sure about then you'l never know and that will just do you head in.Linford, Like you this is my first year of breeding and hopfully showing, I hope to show at the club show this year aswell and would love to meet up with you and others to have a good chat about zebs. I went to stafford in october and met alot of people in the zfs like ricky thomas, and dave edwards and I know you will be most welcomed by them all as I was.cheerstam.

I do not show my birds but i am still a member, there is no problem that you dont show.

Thanks Helen and Tam-M for your input.Tam you said

I think its more about being part of somthing that represents these little birds
well thats a good enough reason for me to join the zfsEmmy :unsure:

i remeber the first all zebra show i exhibited at scottish and northern counties in carlisle in 1975 i was 12 , got a bus into glasgow and a train to carlisle station where i was picked up by jim addison who took me to the hotel i was booked in .jim also took me to the station along with a lad from portnokie in banf shire to catch the trsin home . The mans name was sandy hay . The first zfs club show we went to would have been darlington in 1988 and then most after that