bruby

Hi From London

Hi .Nice to be here.I live in London and just had my first pair of zebra finches at Christmas. I was actually looking for canaries as I had canaries all my life, but the pet shop had only a very large variety and instead I fell in love with a pair of zebra finches (was always intrigued by them when I went to bird markets but because I had canaries I never bought them). I read a few things about the tiny zebras online and bought them a nest just to see what happens. Well... now 2 months later I have 4 eggs. I had to put the nest in the room, high on the window frame as they didn't want to get in it when it was in the cage. Now I have 2 happy zebras flying around, they seem to be great parents, taking shifts in sitting on the eggs and they are about to hatch any time ( I candled the eggs and they have tiny birds in). I can't wait for the tiny birds to hatch and after that I have no idea what will happen:). I hope to learn more from you here.

Hello bruby Welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy the wonderful world of the zebra finch :D any questions just ask away,mark