Sign in to follow this  
Emmy

Now They Are Mature, Waht Are They?

IMAG3349.jpgIMAG3350.jpgThese are the 4 that hatched out end of December 2011Now they have got their final feathers is the male a normal split fawn?the 3 white ones : 2 have dark markings on their heads and one , no dark markings on head but feathers not pure white, and has fawn markings on her tail feathers.Grateful for any suggestions.Emmy

Hi Emmy I forget what the parents are but the father must of either been a cfw or split for cfw so the young cock could also be split cfw.One of the Hens looks to me a cfw fawn her markings are not black but fawn instead so the cock their out of must of been split fawn or a cfw fawn himself.Not sure about the other two hens there tears are darker and ones missing a few tail feathers to see.paul.

Paulthe Father: CFW Mother: FawnIMAG3349_Copy_1.jpgIMAG3350_Copy_2.jpgIMAG3350_Copy_3.jpgIMAG3350_Copy.jpgHave cropped the photos so they are individual now.Is there a chance I could get a dark (normal) female from that pairing?Emmy

• Like 1

Hi Emmy No Normal hens im afraid,only CFW hens,cfw fawn hens,and if the cock is a CFW Fawn,Fawn hens,that normal cock could be split for CFW or fawn or both i believe.Paul.

Thanks PaulGuess I would need to get another pair to get different colours.Emmy

Emmy I can see it coming that in the end your have more birds than you wanted they will take over the house :lol: and your have to move into the dogs kennel :lol: mark

and your have to move into the dogs kennel
Now that WOULD be difficult on two accounts:1. Gizzy doesnt have a kennel but he does have a variety of his own 'beds' to choose from2. and As he is a chihuahua, I guess he would fit into my bed no bother (but that's banned)but as for the other way round that would leave a lot to the imagination.So Meantime I think it may be wise to stop going to the bird sales because I know if there happened to be Zebra finches there I'd probably finish up bringing some home. On a serious note I really have to think about the work I'm giving to my family here if I go on holiday to France to visit my daughter and family.Emmyps that's not to say I will never be getting more :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you so much for that offer Mark. That's so kind of you. Re me going to the shows?!! as I've said I'm not keen on travelling and I know the bird group that have the bird sale I go to do get a bus organised but they stay overnight and come back the next day which doesnt suit me. I did notice that there was a railway station at Stafford and buses run from the station to the bird show. So that maybe be antoher option for me but still to think about it. Who knows maybe some day we will meet up. :D One question- you have 'creams' what pairings produce creams?Emmy

Hi EmmyTo produce creams i wouldn't mess around trying to produce a cream from the start it is a long process and can work out with disappointments all round,What i would do is get a cream and but it with a fawn and you should get 50/50, It is best to get pair of creams unrelated and pair of fawns unrelated and split them up cream to fawn never do cream to cream as this is a bad thing to do they could end up with all sorts of disability's blindness etc,Later in the year there is a show in Carlisle if you can make it there i might be able to sort you out with pair of creams but creams are not free as they are worth there weight in gold,At Carlisle there might be at least 6/7 persons from this forum that could be there on the day good time to meet people there as it is not as hectic as Stafford show where there is thousands of people running around in a hurry finding birds etc,mark

Hi MarkI didnt realise that some pairings could result in blidness etc. I doubt I will be at Carlisle - but it would be nice to meet you all. (Need to get all those 'shows' moved north of the border a bit :D:lol:;) )Emmy