Kim

Dirty Boy.

gallery_101_60_36225.jpgThis is my second chick of 2012, he is the dirtiest i have seen, and has been nick named scruffyi think the wife believes he takes after me. :D

Thanks Gary, yes i will make it my job first thing in morning, the sooner all 4 chicks are used to being out of the box i can clean it up as this is one dirty family.Cheers Kim

There's a great possibility as young hens have dark heads in CFW's.Kim I have had a few messy pairs over the years, I tend to replace the nest boxes a couple of times during the round, it helps to keep the chicks clean as they are being raised.Gary.

Hi Garyi managed to change the nestbox today when all 4 chicks were out,the original was totally disgusting, i have been hanging a bath on the cagetoday only the adults have used it so far.Mark yes last years hens had that darker head that they lost later, i could do with more Cock birds bred this year as i have 3 that have been firing blanks in the breeding cages so far this year.Regards Kim

Hi Dave,

she needs another 2 weeks i think as she is still moulting and does'nt look at her best , but i think she will turn out ok.

I will post photo asap.

Kim

Kim,

Wow what a transformation (big word), no seriously what a good hen just goes to show when they moult out there can be a big difference.

Well done,

Trevor :)

Looking at the head colour am i right in thinking it's a hen bird!!mark

Well looks like i was right it being hen bird and a very nice hen it has turned out to be well done Kim,

mark

Goes to show you shouldnt judge any bird (no matter what species! ;):lol: ) on first appearance. They can eventaully turn out to be a real beauty just like 'Dirt boy' Just hope you are going to give her a new name now :)

Emmy