Sign in to follow this  
sam159

What Will I Get?

I moved to Spain 5 years ago and have just taken up breeding Zebras again. Having very limited space I can not keep many birds. I have a visual fawn pied cock ( history not known ) x CFW hen which I bred last year. What can I expect to get from this pairing? There are not many variations/ mutations available in the area I live. I have only seen, Normals

From fawn pied x cfw

You can expect

Normal split fawn, cfw & pied cocks

Fawn hens split pied

What were the parents of both birds?

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the explanation. The cock fawn/pied was bought in from local pet shop, so no idea of parentage.

the hen was one that I bred last year from a CFW. cock and normal hen. the unusual thing about the cock is that it has pure white cheeks. No sign of colour what so ever. It also has fawn coloured tail bars. last year the produced CFW and Normal hens, CFW and Normal cocks. In their first nest this year I can see two normals one of which is pied and two CFW.

are the chicks you mention in your last post - from your original CFW x Normal pairing?

or do you mean from fawn pied x cfw pair

from original pair visually you should produce

- normal split cfw cocks

- cfw hens

from your description, sounds like maybe a cfw cheeked cock ? or maybe a very washed out cfw-fawn cock

cheers