dean

Greys & Fawns

Hi all, I was thinking if I put a grey penguin with a normal fawn, would I get a fawn Penguin. Dean

Hi Dean

Penguin is a recessive mutation and requires both parents to be either visual or split for it to produce it,futher to this pairing a fawn cock to a normal hen will produce.

Fawn hens

Normal/fawn cocks

A Normal cock x Fawn hen pairing will produce

Normal hens

Normal/fawn cocks

Paul.

Hi Paul thank you,

I cant seem to find any fawn penguins , goin to see a breeder in the morning, he breeds fawns to order, so will order some, :-)

2nd pairing is wrong Paul

Fawn cock x normal hen

Will produce

Normal split fawn cocks

Fawn hens

Also fawn penguins aren't hard.

Season one - fawn cock x penguin hen 2 pairs

Season 2 pair cock normal split fawn/penguin to fawn split penguin hens from other pair. Also if you have spare hen penguins pair normal split fawn and penguin cocks to them.

Normal split fawn/penguin c x fawn split penguin h

=

Normal split fawn c

Normal split fawn/penguin c

Normal penguin split fawn c

Fawn penguin c

Fawn c

Fawn split penguin cock

Normal h

Normal split penguin

Normal penguin h

Fawn h

Fawn split penguin h

Fawn penguin h

If you use exhibition type fawns in initial pairings you should improve penguins too.

2nd pairing normal split penguin/fawn cock x penguin hen

=

Normal split penguin c

Normal split fawn penguin c

Normal penguin c

Normal penguin split fawn c

Normal split penguin h

Fawn split penguin h

Normal penguin

Fawn penguin

thanks dave, think ill just buy some mate, ill give you a bell 2moz after noon when im back from tamworth , he sounds like he got some nice stock mate

Hi

Well spotted Dave i've edited the above post its been a long couple of weeks for me i seemed to of entered the same results twice for some reason.

I agree Penguins aren't hard and some of your Normal penguin cocks could even be split fawn the hardest thing with penguins will more than likely be getting good birds.

Paul.

• Like 1

hi, a mate of mine in derby, has a four pairs of full penguins and they have had loads of young, but the young dont look like penguins, to you have to wait until they have there adult feathers.

cheers dean

Hi Dean

I have bred Penguins but a long time ago and only a few but if memory serves the chicks look a lot like Normal zebras till they have moulted i think you may be able to see strange tail markings in them as fledgelings but im not sure.

Paul.

was it ian in tamworth your getting your penguins from ??....he bought a few of my zebs and cages when i packed in with the zebs a couple of years ago ... its a rum setup he has ?? from memory

he bought alsorts off me dave....birds (which he came and collected) and cages.( i remember delivering them in my savoy van)..i've recently sold most of my fawn cheeks to a guy in bolton ...i've just 1 decent hen of that mutation left ...(buy i'll probably breed some more).. if your ever near sunny preston ,call in for a brew and a look at the menagerie!!

Hi, yes Ian from tamworth just off the a5, he has got some nice sized birds.

Dean

Haha thanks Jeff I certainly will

Preston is a fair way from me though

Any nice Zebs currently breeding or moulting out?

You down for stafford in July?

get on the train dave ..have a day out at blackpool.,the sea air will do you good .,..i've quite a few nice zebs again now and will probably bump into you at july stafford