Sign in to follow this  
raymondo

Looking To Start With Combination Mutations

Hi all,

My name is Paul,

Ive been keeping birds on and off for several years, unfortunatley i developed a chest condition which forced me to sell up my bengies which I had about 80 of. I had top bloodlines which were from Tony Edwards and George Lewsey. Any way I have responded well to the medication and my Gp informs me that the tests show no allergies to Birds ?? He said they may have triggered something ?? I still have several young bengies which were to young to go at the time of selling up so ive not stopped contact with birds . However I have to tempt fate and start up again and Im really impressed with the combination Mutation Zebs available. I dont know how these birds are bred according to their genetics so IM looking for any info on how they are bred and what birds work with what so to speak?? Look forward to hearing from you guys, By the way this site is fab. Any one in south Wales area keeping these??

Cheers Paul

Welcome Paul

Glad to hear your able to keep more birds again

What specific combination colours you after producing? As most challenging would be buy single mutations and combine over several seasons.

We can guide best if we know what you like? As never 100% identical results will be achieved but all part of the fun.

You still keeping bengalese? If so what colouration?

Cheers

dave

Hi Paul, welcome to the forum site, I'm wayne, and from Llanelli, I only keep CFWs and lightback variety I'm afraid, there is a guy, also from llanelli, Ricky Thomas who at the moment has got a few of the fawn cheek zebs. Where about in south wales are you.

Wayne.

Hi Paul And welcome to the forum,i keep a fair few colours i've over the last few year started to breed black and orange combo birds such as OBBB's.

Paul.

Thanks guys for your replies,

Im interested in most of the mutations , the different cheeck colours, lightbacks, chestnut flanks, penguins,pieds,orange brested, phaeos,creams ,silvers.I suppose the list goes on. I dont want to keep the normals.I like the thought of different colours cropping up but I do want to breed good type Zebs.Also I want to keep numbers much lower than I had with the bengies.The bengies I have left have just finished their first moult,6 chc/whts all from same nest,their mother was one of a pair that took best of colour in stafford last oct (novice)and one dilute fawn /whte slit pink eyed white.one chestnut and wht split pink eyed white. I have not managed to sex them yet. I live in Maesteg ,mid Glam.

Hi Paul, I would suggest that you try to make the welsh ZFS area show on the 2nd of September, it is in Barry comprehensive school, so not too far either, there will be all varieties of zebs, of top standard too. A great eye opener.

Wayne.

Cheers wayne, I will do so, If any of you guys have birds for sale and are going I could arrange to meet you there, please keep me posted as to what you have for sale.

Hi Paul welcome to the forum and i also keep combo's of creams and in lightback and fawn lightbacks,

mark