Sign in to follow this  
Kim

Hello

Hi i am just returning to keeping Zebra's, i kept them for a few years when my 2 daughters were younger,we got a lot of pleasure from them, now they have grown up i need something to get me off the sofa more often.Since last November i have erected a 12 x 6 bird room fitted with 1 x large internal flight and a block of breeding cages,along with insulation,electricity, light and heat,this was complete in mid-January after spending some **** cold weekends, now January is not the best timeof year to be picking up new stock, but i managed to purchase 3 pairs from Peter Hook and 4 x pairs from Charlie How, both sets were a mixture of CFW's and Normals, i wanted to start with basic colours.Now they have settled in i have chosen the best looking 4 pairs and placed them in the Breeding cages and hung Plastic nest box'son the outside 3 pairs seem to like these and have been seen to go in and out, 1 pair have refused the plastic box and triedbuilding a nest on the cage floor, so yesterday i quickly built a wooden box and hung that halalulya! they are franticly draggingin nesting material today, hopefully i will have my first egg in the coming week.My aim is to show the birds maybe next year as the cost of starting up was more than i expected, and i still have to complete an outside flight now that the weather is warmer.Finding this site was a bonus as i expect i will need some advice before long, and you never know in a while i may be able to advice others who follow.I will keep you posted during this first year back.Cheers Kim

Hi Kim, Yes it is a really good friendly site, don't hesitate to ask any questions what someone doesn't know someone else will. Welcome! and all the best with your birds, Regards Trevor. :)

Hi Kim Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your return to the wonderful world of Zebra finches.Paul.

Hi kim big warm welcome from me, buy the sounds of it your be giving us a lot of info you learnt a while back breeding zebras i know you will enjoy this friendly forum all the best for 2011 enjoy,,,,mark

hello kim,you have started with some good stock by the sound of it,hope you breed a fewany questions ask away,you should get some good advice on herewelcome to the sitedave

Hi Kim,would just like to welcome you to the site and wish you very good luck with breeding in the months ahead,im in a similar position myself after just buying some new show quality birds from various sources one being Charlie How so you probably have a similar bloodline as starting point ,so all very best Ty.

Welcome Kim,It looks like you have started off on the right foot with your choice of stock, good luck for the coming season.Gary.