Sign in to follow this  
janetdange

Hello

Janetdange Welcome to the forum. What colour are Pip and Squeak. (Last year when my last old zebra finch died age 12 yrs I bought another pair. So in November last year I had only two zebra finches. Now I have 20 plus one pair at the moment sitting on 8 eggs.)

Finches are lovely little birds and once you start getting chicks its difficult to part with them :D

I'm sure you will get lots of pleasure from Pip and Squeak (I love their names)

Emmy

There picture is my profile picture. I was lead to believe when i got them that they are a male and female however im now not convinced the pale one is actually a female lol. she sings a proper song and also jumps on his back when they mate. Does anyone have any thoughts to help me

Hello Janet and welcome to he forum.

Looking at your Avatar photo if this is Pip and Squeak they appear to both be males as one has the orange cheek patches of a cock bird and the other the brown flank markings of a cock bird.

Paul.

Hi

Im not sure could use a larger photo showing more of the bird, could be Pied markings on the head but cant really tell from the photo.

Paul.

Hi Janet

Sorry its still not 100% clear on that image to me he does look to have a Pied head but also appear lighter in the back than a Normal.

Paul.