casamber

Is She A Penguin Or A Pied?

I found an advert online for someone giving away 9 zebs so went and picked them up yesterday. I was a little surprised when i saw them as the lady said they were normals and fawns, when infact they turned out to be 3 grey pieds, 4 CFW, 1 fawn pied and 1 that looks like a penguin. But due to the number of pieds im not sure if its just a coincidence that she looks like a penguin?

only ever seen hen peguin onine if the parents was a white rec and a normal shestill looks to much like a penguin to me

Kerry,

yes it's your first penguin, a grey penguin hen, well done.

If you pair her with a grey male you will get 100% greys split for penguin, males and females.

All the best,

Trevor :)

I already have a grey male in mind for her, but they will have to wait until next year now. I have recently moved house, so my bird room isn't set up for the winter. There's no lights or heating yet so i have started removing nests and as soon as the chicks i have at the moment are weaned, i will be seperating all the cocks and hens for the winter. I'm just keeping one pair in the house so i dont get withdrawal symptoms. :lol:

Kerry