casamber

My First Ob Split :)

This little guy fledged yesterday at 19 days old. It's the first time i have bred OB so wasn't sure what to expect. He's a handsome little bird! I've never before had a chick with flank markings at such an early age.

His dad is Grey OB/Pied

Mum is normal Grey

Kerry

:wub:

Very nice handsome looking young one will be nice to see picture of him in couple months when he's got his full colour and i like the width of the head looking good,

mark

Thanks Mark. I have a few other photos of him from different angles but cant seem to upload to the gallery at the moment. I cant wait to see what he looks like in a couple of months!

Kerry

Hi Kerry,

A really nice looking youngster you've got there, especially as it's only 19 days old.

Make sure your pictures are resized to 640x480 before you try to upload them as we have a limit on the size of photo's.

Good luck,

Gary.

Thanks Gary i will try that!

That chick has 2 siblings that also fledged yesterday and all are looking good. Their mum is the best breeder i have ever had! Her chicks always fledge early and look really healthy. She is going to get a well earned rest for the winter after these guys are weaned.

Kerry

Gary, i went to resize the pictures but they were already 640x480. I made one smaller just to be sure but still no luck.

Kerry

An update on my little chick:

Im so pee'd off today! My neighbour decided to let off some fireworks in their garden last night. They wasn't your normal garden fireworks but display ones that were mostly rockets.

So not only did they wake the kids up, they scared all the birds! I found the little orange breast chick on the floor of the cage, on his back with blood coming out of his beak. He died within an hour of me finding him so im absolutely gutted. :mad:

Kerry

Oh Kerry I'm so sorry to hear what happened to your little orange breasted bird.

Why do people set off those loud rockets? If only they thought about the consequencies of their actions before doing that. I think many people believe that animals/birds are not effected by the noise rockets etc make but its not only the animals/birds that get upset your children were disturbed too. I hope you will mention to your neighbours what has happened.

Seems that Friday was a bad day for both of us.

Emmy

Thanks Emmy. I havn't lived here long so dont really know the neighbours very well. To be fair to them, they dont know i have birds. Not that i think that would have stopped them but there's nothing i can do about it now. To make things worse the other neighbours are it now. I would love to know where they get these fireworks from as they are bigger than the ones i have seen at actual displays! I just hope my birds will be ok tonight :unsure:

Kerry