Sign in to follow this  
Emmy

What Could I Expect To Get From This Pairing?

What colours could I expect to get from this pairing?

Fawn male/ CFW female

Guess it may be difficult to tell because Fawn's  mum was a fawn but his dad was a CFW but his dad could  have  been split for fawn as well.

CFW female -mum cfw  - dad normal (could be split for fawn/cfw)

Emmy

Emmy,

Not 100% on this, but on what you've said I would guess 50% Fawn, 25% CFW, 25% Fawn CFW, hope this is near.

Paul will be in a better position to be more accurate than me but I hope this has put you in the right direction.

All the best Emmy,

Trevor.

Thaks Trevor and Adam

I was hoping I'd maybe get a CFW male.  So far all the CFW I've had have all been females.

Emmy

Thanks Adam but at the moment I'm left with only one CFW cock and if I paired him up with one of the  CFW hens I have in the aviary I wouldnt be able to tell if it was his 'daughter'  that's one of the problems with an inside aviary

I do have normal males but they are split for fawn and CFW so not sure what that would throw up.

So far with the CFW male and the fawn female its always been normal coloured cocks and CWF hens until that last lot that I had to hand  feed and Woopsie is has turned out to be a fawn male. That was a surprise.

Emmy

Emmy,

If any of your grey males you mentioned are unrelated to your cfw hens use them as a pair.

This will give you 25% cfw males.

The rest of the nest:- 25% grey hens, 25% grey split cfw males and 25% cfw hens.

All the best,

Trevor :)

Many Thanks Trevor

I'm beginning to wish i had kept them in cages- now they are together in the aviary it will be difficult to find the ones that arent related- I dont have them ringed. Good excuse thought to go out and buy some more stock. :D

Have a nice night and Happy New Year when it comes. :lol:

Emmy