casamber

Cfw Fawn Black Cheek?

Hi

This CFW Fawn chick fledged yesterday and it looks like it has cheeks. There's no blackcheek in the parents genes as far as i know. Do you think it's black cheek? You may need to click on the pictures to see it better....

Kerry

hi casamber,

this is a White fawn cheek hen. Atleast thats what i would call it. if i were you i would breed it with a white black cheek male, a male with dark shiny black cheek patches! 

Hi

What are the parents?.

The tear seems more brown than black and if theres no cheeked mutation in it may be it is just a CFW Fawn.

I wouldn't breed Cheeked to Black cheek if you have them and want to produce more of them myself as ones a Dominant mutation and the other is a recessive mutation

Paul.

Hi Paul.

The parents are a CFW cock and grey hen. I have no genetic history for the cock and the hen i bred myself from 2 greys. The cock has produced CFW Fawns before but this is the first to have a faint cheek patch. Im just curious if there is any black chhek in there as i've had a couple of black cheeks randomly show up in my birds lately.

Thanks,

Kerry

HI Kerry

It could well be split for BC you just never know where it will pop up once its around try breeding next year to a visual BC and see what you end up with.

Paul.

Thanks Paul.

I sold all my black cheek chicks recently so i will have to hope that my birds produce more. Or i might buy one at Stafford next month. I have looked at some pictures of CFW Fawn Black cheeks and i quite like the colouring so would like to try and produce some next year.

Kerry