Sign in to follow this  
Mister Finch

Identify The Cocks

I would say the first 3 is a cock at the front. The last one i think is a hen. because it doesnt have no flanks.Nor colored cheek patches.

Josh

First cock looks to be a Silver Black cheek and the other looks like a hen strange colouring,although its wing is down and it looks to be missing some of its feathering around the leg and flank, you can get the odd cock missing cheeks but a hen with some chest barring is more common.

hi all

josh i already know that whats a cock and a hen! lol, what i meant was which variety of cock it is. still thankyou:)

paul i think u r right about the cock, it is a silver black cheek, although its cheeks are grey. with which hen should i breed the silver black cheek with to get the same kind of cocks?

and the last cock is surely a male, it does have flanks, but they are few and very pale orange.its breeding with a fawn hen and they are already incubating the eggs. can u predict what will the offsprings look like? 

HI

In silver the black marking are usually diluted to a shade of grey this is why silver and cream are called dominant dilute mutations as they dilute the colour of the bird.

Get a few more shots of that last bird it looks a lot like a hen with some cock markings which you do get but im not sure.

Hi There Mr finch

Sure looks like a silver black cheek. but the bottom bird im not sure if it is a cock looks like ahen to me could be wrong mind.

Paul.

hi all,

Scott your cock is almost exactly the same like mine. What were its parents? My cock was a result of normal black cheek X Normal black cheek.

Paul the last cock wasn't developed fully in the pic, i didnt know its age, but now it has fully developed its colors and has got full light brown flanks and chest bar lines. What kind of a cock has a yellow cheek? this one has a yellow cheek

Hi

If your cock was bred from a  Normal black cheek X Normal black cheek and your sure of this it could be your silver Black cheek cock is a Recessive silver and not dominate as is found in the uk normally now, that or one of his parents is a dark silver bird.

Yellow cheeks could it be a dark lightback ?.

Paul.

sorry mister finch, my cock silver bc was bought in with no history of parents. Got a lovely silver hen from it though. Great bird.

Scott

gallery_163_54_207282.jpg

Silver BC are very common in Pakistan and Lahore as well.They are available in local and imported breed as well. They are a bit expense than Fawn BC but far cheaper than CFW BC and locally called as Isabel BC. So good luck for your hunt for Silver BC.

• Like 1

hi all

i have posted latest pictures of the male which i posted earlier. This cock is mature now and the pictures are better. so people help me to identify this cock!

Hi,

That male in question i think is a BC grey Isabel. Now it's weird because skm has said that silvers are called Isabels.

could be a mix up here, that's why i think it's a BB Grey Isabel. Plus there's also a mention of the male being bred by Norm BC x Norn BC, if it's silver no way can this be silver due to it being a dominant colour, but it could be possible that it's a isabel if both parents are split for Isabel.

Just my theory,

Trevor :)

Hi again,

Your latest pic's look to be a Lightback (male) this also can come from the mentioned pairing.

Hope this helps,

The male in the latest pic shared by Mister Finch could be a recessive light back silver. These kind of males pop up in breeding LB. This is definitle not a BC. However, he seems to be split for BB due to hour glass tail marking and extended white lores.

@Trevor: Silver BC are called Isabel BC here in Pakistan. This is not the correct explaination but has become the name name here for the males shared by Mister Finch in the top 3 pics of the first post and the female sharer by Scott in post # 13.

Hope this helps.

i wish i had a hen like this so that i could breed it with my silver balck cheek cock

I wish I hadn't posted this pic :-(. Fate dealt me a cruel blow and i lost this bird last week. gutted not the word!

Scott

Scott,

Really sorry to hear this, it's always the case.

My pied male in my gallery and my BBCFW male have both died and i only had one of each.

Hopefully you can breed the same pair and get some more.

All the best Scott,