Sign in to follow this  
Emmy

Cfw X Cfw ?

If I pair up a cock CFW/normal with hen CFW /fawn Will I get all CFW chicks -cocks and hens?

Emmy

Hi emmy, There is no such thing as a split normal? Is there? I allways thought beause normal i dominant you cannot get a split.

Also can you get split fawn hens? the website i use says not for some reason. I wasnt aware of this till then? Only split fawn males

Josh

Hi Emmy

You can get Normal/cfw cocks but not Cfw/Normal cocks as Normal is dominant to CFW so if a Cock has CFW  only on one chromosome and Normal on the other it will display the Normal colour.

Hi Josh you can get Fawn CFW's in both Cock and hens that i'm aware of as the mutations become combined through the random occurrence of crossing over.

Hope this helps

Paul.

So does this mean if I have a visual CFW cock bird and a visual CFW hen (whose mother was a fawn) then if I paired those two up I would get all CFW chicks (male and female)?

Emmy

Hi Emmy

Yep you got it but if the hen were a fawn CFW your may get fawn CFW chicks too if crossing over happens as I understand it.

Paul.

Also can you get split fawn hens?

The reason I thought you could get male CFW/split for another colour   and female fawns splt for another colour is when I paired a visual CFW cock with a visual fawn hen the chicks were mostly CFW hens and  Normal cocks until this time they have produced 2 fawn (dont know sex yet) 

Emmy

Thanks Paul I'll let you know what happens. Will be pairing them up at the end of the week.

Emmy

Hi Emmy

When your getting into the realms of fawn x cfw and cfw x lightback it gets a little more complicated with what colour you get as you found with your CFW X Fawn pairing you would think the cock would of been either CFW or Fawn but nope they come out Normal split both colours instead, you then also get the random effect of crossing over which can combine the likes of fawn and lightback or fawn and cfw together.

Paul.

hi all , got my first two birds , a cfw female and a grey cheek cock , can these two be paired an if so what will the result be please ? thank you

hi all , got my first two birds , a cfw female and a grey cheek cock , can these two be paired an if so what will the result be please ? thank you

Hi Emmy

When your getting into the realms of fawn x cfw and cfw x lightback it gets a little more complicated

Tell me about it, trying to understand that is very difficult.

Eg. BCBBLB x BBLB = BBCFW (see what i mean) this is my experience.

But it's very interesting .

Trevor :)

It really gets complicated- well good job I like getting surprises :rofl:

Emmy

Chris Sorry I cant  help you with the answer as you will see I've decided I'm just going to look forward   to  surprises :D

Emmy