Sign in to follow this  
mark1e

Cream Cock Birds

creamcock.jpgcreamcock2.jpglooking at the two cock birds both are differant one has tear bars and breast bar and the other has very very faint tear bars and no breast bar,with catching up birds to check ring numbers for ID cant remember if from same nest anyway which bird would you say is best,mark

Mark, The male on the left without chest bars does look like a Isabel, probually wrong though. Good birds, especially that hen. Well done! Trevor :)

Hi MarkI agree with Gary the hen in the middle and the cock on the right but its tough to tell from a photo as they can look so different from one minute to the next,but all the same nice looking birds congratz :).Paul.

the hen in middle has competition there are another 5 just as good as she is,at the moment ive breed more hens than cocks in creams,mark

Hi MarkHave you tried any Cream to normal pairings it is possible to breed silver from this pairing.Paul.

Hi Paul what do you mean normal pairings?? do you mean cream to creamall these birds have been breed from cream lightback hen to fawn cock, and cream hen to fawn cock,and cream cock to fawn hen, plus my next thing is to try and purchase some silvers from someone some how its getting hold of them main problem,mark

Hi Mark You can breed your own Silver from your creams.What i mean is Cream x Normal or Normal x Cream as well as Fawn,Normal and Cream these pairing can produce Silver also.The Cream mutation is a dilution mutation it will dilute Normal also "if your lucky" making SilverPaul.

Hi Mark You can breed your own Silver from your creams.What i mean is Cream x Normal or Normal x Cream as well as Fawn,Normal and Cream these pairing can produce Silver also.The Cream mutation is a dilution mutation it will dilute Normal also "if your lucky" making SilverPaul.
very interesting paul thanks i still have a lot to learn on Diluts/mutations cheers mate :D mark

veiwing my own pic again like Trevor has said and looking at pictures of Isabels could he be right? i am comfused :D slightly also where this has come from it is one i have breed,must double check ring numbers to parants,mark

mark if it is a isabel both its parents must be split or isabel,i dont know it tough sometime to tell from photos it looks more dilute than the other one so could even be carrying someting like isabel but it looks to have its chest bars and tears marks but very light like i say could be signs of it being a split.Paul.

Hi Mark,very nice birds ,great feeling when own bred birds and nice to work on next season,i know exactly what you mean about dilutes and colour mutations and combinations,very interesting but takes some getting head around,lucky we got experts on here to listen too,didnt know you could get silvers from creams for a start,anyway well done marc and good luck with them. Ty.