Sign in to follow this  
dave huntington

2011 Fawns

Hi dave they look right good size birds any chance you can retake the pics slightly blurred well worth redoing quality birdsmark

Hi Dave They look to be nice looking birds wish they were flying round in my flight :) .Paul.

Hi Dave,these are great looking birds, i am interested in there familyhistory how many generations have you bred to reach these 2 birds.Kim

hi kim,i was starting to lose fertility in my fawns probably getting to closely related so so 3 years ago i bought 6 new fawns in from a couple of recognised fawn breeders to put with my birds to freshen the bloodlines and this has done the trick,fertility much improved and have been working on a couple of lines since. i brought another cock in last year and hope to bring in another one or two this yeari firmly believe in bringing new blood into stud at least every couple of years as in my case fertily has dropped when birds get to closely relatedit seems to improve vigor alsoi would add that this is my view and others might disagree advocating close family lines.dave

Thanks Dave,you seem to have a good plan here, going by the photos its working,i believe i received similar advice from Nic in an earlier thread soi will try to follow the same lines, i believe the trick for a novice like myself is to find a regular source of quality and affordable out-crosses.Cheers Kim

Hey Dave, i see from Welsh results you gained Best Fawns, was it the pair in the photo's ??Congratulations !!Kim

Hi Dave,yer i would love to see the photos,but now i am truly envious as you may have even better birds than shown in these photos.CheersKim

Hi Dave,what a fabulous shape !If i could mix up your shape and my colour, i would be the " master of the (zebrafinch) universe" :) :).....i'm joking of course, but this will be my goal for the next years, trying to improve the size and the head shape ( like yours) and keeping a warm brown colour.thank you for showing us such quality birds !MichaelI added 2 pictures of my fawns in my gallery.